1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Everything about how that played out made no sense. Really no reason for Triple H to go over. It could have been great, and it turned into a gimmick match.

The rest of the card played out very well though, wish Rusev could have won, but I always knew that wasn't a realistic expectation. Having the belt on Seth the God was always the most important thing.

2. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

Trolling much? Rollins has been carrying the E every night while Reigns has put in his new "5 moves of doom" ala Cena part 2. :roll eyes: but whatever you say bro

3. DorianTurk

DorianTurk Member

My bad...

4. 713

713 Member

Can't wait for the Shield Triple Threat match for the Title. Rather it be Summerslam or WM 32. It's going to insane.

That was a top 5 WM of all time. Top to bottom very good bookings throughout. Bravo Vince.

[​IMG]

5. 713

713 Member

6. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

Couldn't agree more. I started ranking my favorite WM's and no doubt this was in the top 5. While it didn't have the "classic" match most WM's have, I felt the whole card was strong. There wasn't one time last night that I found myself disinterested. Even the normal Divas bathroom break match was good.

I have to chuckle at those complaining about the HHH/Sting match. A combined age of over 100 and people are whining about the outcome? I could care less who won, who lost, or who got "buried". The match was never about that for me. It was a trip down memory lane. A chance for 20 minutes for me to relive the greatest time in wrestling history with a bunch of the men that made it that way. Who really gives a crap who helped out who? Not only did I mark out for everyone, it gave me a chance to explain just how special that time of wrestling was to my 12 year old daughter who was watching it with me.

7. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Post Mania RAW crowds are always the best crowds and holy **** did this show deliver from start to finish! This was the greatest RAW I've ever witnessed.

Hour One:
    The excellent Heyman/Lesnar Promo. Lesnars face showed just how much of a beating both guys put each other through last night

Daniel Bryan vs. Dolph Ziggler. Doing exactly what I was hoping of keeping the IC Title division relevant again. There should be weekly title defenses. Would love Daniel Bryan vs. BnB/Sheamus next week. What a fantastic match.

LUCHA Dragons and New Day vs. Tyson Kidd & Cesaro and The Ascension. Really great fun fast paced tag that highlighted the Dragons. NXT chants, chants for all four teams. Really shows the talent that NXT has brought to WWE Tag Team Championship that at this point last year was just The Usos division.

Adrian Neville video package!

Hour Two
    Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins Championship re-match tease. Rollins running chicken**** heel. Lesnar destroying Cole and the announce team. Production guys. Lesnar is the new Stone Cold in Undertakers body.

Mizdow vs. Stardust. Great feud revisited. Nice way too bring Mizdow back as a singles guy. Bryon Saxton solo on commentary took away from the announcing fun but was a great reminder of Lesnar's carnage.

Neville vs. Axelmania. The Future has arrived!
    Short match but showed exactly what he brings right now.

John Cena's Open Challenge vs. Dean Ambrose! Thankful for King coming out.
    Ambrose pulled a good match out of Cena. Ambrose doing a better STF than Cena dreams of. Great finish to a great match.

Hour Three
    Rollins/Orton promo. Makes sense. I know they are building too Rollins/Lesnar down the road. Rollins/Orton at the next PPV will be a good main event but predictable.

Six Women Divas Tag. Nattie is a bombshell. Good action here.

Rusev vs. Goldust. No Lana :( but a Rusev crush.

Rollins/Show/Kane vs. Orton/Reigns/Ryback. Great match. Great camera shot of the wave.

Would have ended it with Lesnar coming back but oh well.

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Maybe the best 2/3's the last hour flamed out on DVR

9. LoganRoxFan

LoganRoxFan Member

Couldn't really make out any of the crowd chants during the main event. I thought I heard them telling Big Show to take a ****.

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I really expected Lesnar too come out and wreck everything and break the Andre trophy too keep the streak going

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Suplex City b****

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Reading on the Internet the main event RAW chanting was Kevin Owens-Hideo-Breeze Is Gorgeous and a thunderous HOW YOU DOIN?

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The Ole, Ole, Ole chant for Sami Zayn was the first thing they chanted. AJ wore Bayley's shirt, and the crowd started some we want Bayley chants.

Neville and Kallisto looked great, Paige always looks great and it was Rollins first night as champ. NXT was over as a mofo last night. As someone who has been keeping up since 2012, it's been fun watching it grow.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'm not trolling

Rollins is a p***y coward. Dude backed out from Lesnar last night citing fake excuses and then watched Lesnar take out his two sackriders J and J. Dude also backed out and ran away like a coward when Reigns, Orton and Ryback were beating up his teammates Kane and Show.

15. SuraGotMadHops

[​IMG]

16. Beavis Stiffler

17. Beavis Stiffler

Divas version :)

[​IMG]

18. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

cant wait to see a Neville vs. Rollins/Bryan/Ziggler matches

19. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Really wish Charlotte got called up too. I want Sasha Banks too stick around NXT just long enough for a better shot of a pic

20. 713

713 Member

Sasha Banks looks like a tranny.