1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Yao's practice pictures in China

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ndcrossfire, Jul 16, 2003.

1. ndcrossfire

ndcrossfire Member

Does he look stronger to you?

bigger upper body

[​IMG]

shooting

[​IMG]

free throw

[​IMG]

slam!

[​IMG]

tough up!

[​IMG]

running the floor

[​IMG]

fighting for position

[​IMG]

2. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

He does look like he's adding some weight on. Good for him. Now get your ass over to Houston...

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

He looks a little bigger, but i wish he could have trained here. That guy who worked with Badiane before the draft helped him alot. Grover is known as a guy that can help a player get functional weight and strength.

4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

He definetly looks bigger woohoo!!! any1 know his weight?

5. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

those are from early june i think. hopefully he's improved more.

6. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

His arms seems cut than a few months ago (last season) but thats not bad for (how old is he?) 21? Yao will be a beast in 2 more years ;)

7. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

bigger, but no muscle is showing, need more work!!

8. feishen

feishen Member

How about this one, who is that dude in the back? His upper body
    looks much more defined than what it was a year ago.

[​IMG][/IMG]

9. SLA

SLA Member

Looks nasty... but oops! Sorry! Yao is great of course! Looks very fine and handsome! Yao looks strong enough. The guy guarding him...Xue Yinyang is the one who needs to start training...

Thanks for the pics!

10. Olajumus Prime

its all well and good Yao Ming is getting bigger, and practicing and running, but until he can play out his committments in China, and all those "extra" games he plays for them, endurance will definitely be a problem , and he may run out of gas towards the end of the season, like he did this past season...

Most guys workout during the offseason, and they play their pickup games, but they dont play what is it 38-45 games? intense to be sure, if its Asian Championships...

Most are vacationing, while he is playing the allotment of games he is playing overseas.....

11. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

He definitely looks bigger, but I think this slate of games will definitely grind on him come March and April. He should defect and not have to pay half his paycheck to the damned PRC and get a summer off.

12. CRC

CRC Member

Yao's upper body now looks more "normal" as compares to the pictures of him a year ago... hopefully he's now exceeding 300 pounds...

13. DaDa

DaDa Contributing Member

In the first picture, doesn't Yao look abit fat to you? ;) Not much muscle tone there, but definitely looks bigger.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

My boss just walked up behind my while I was looking at those pics here at work. Hope she doesn't think I'm gay* because well...she's hot.

It's ironic that people can complain about Yao being over worked during the off season and also complain about Cato and MoT being at a Cheesecake Factory or Francis starting a record label.
    :confused:

*not that there's anything wrong with that

15. SLA

SLA Member

LOL! :)

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

he's definitely bigger, not sure how much but he looks strong. compared to that old pic that nbadraft.net ran a couple years ago, he's about doubled in size.

he's already got a good deal of strength in the legs to compete, he just needs to work on positioning etc.

17. Olajumus Prime

Francis starting a record company absolutely has not one thing to do with basketball, his primary job is basketball, which he does pretty damn good, I read alot of post on here about how Francis is this and how he is that,,cmon people he is still the one of the top 3 guards in the WEST...

Cato had his best year IMO this past season, so whatever he did, keep doing it...

but the biggest concern and ? was the wall YM hit towards the end of the season, that HAS to be contributed to his year-round basketball games....at a competitive level, not park ball or gym pick up games, where they dont mean ****...

18. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

If you think this is so, then you dont remember when he first came over!! He is more developed and looks a lot stronger. Remember he doesnt have the body type to be big muscled,but could become more defined.

19. munco

munco Member

I agree. He does look bigger, but it doesn't look like muscle. I'm also worried that he'll be worn down earlier then most players since he's playing all summer.

20. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Thin body types look thin naturally.How can you say that he now looks normal when he obtained this pumped up look artificially?