1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jodie Meeks... 54 points vs Tennessee

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Hayesfan, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I know I was talking about this last night in chat, but did anyone else see his 54 points against Tennessee last night on ESPN?

He was just unreal to watch.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VVclWwtaGNw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VVclWwtaGNw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

He now has two of the top ten single game scoring performances in UK history. Hopefully we get him for another season, but if he keeps this up, he'll be a first rounder.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Was flipping back and forth between this and the Rockets game. Jodie has been playing great this year. If he could of stayed healthy last year our team would of been much better. This year the team is starting to develop chemistry and it is showing. I know the Vols are struggling but an 18 point win on their homecourt is going to be a huge confidence booster for this team.

On 1st take Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless were arguing who would be the better pro Jodie Meeks or Stephen Curry.

I'm a UK fan so of course I'm going to say Jodie, but he is also a great defender too.

3. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

Thanks for posting the clip, that was great!

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Gillespie doing it again...

5. Hayesfan

They are going to replay the game on ESPN classic today from what I understand if someone wants to watch it.

NP re posting. I just hope he sticks around for another year :)

Edit: It's on right now if you want to see the last 6 minutes.

#5 Hayesfan, Jan 14, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  6. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

The great advantage Stephen Curry has is that he can play the point guard. That's waht makes him such an interesting prospect. I mean, Meeks can score, but the most he'll do is be another Eric Gordon due to him being undersized (6'4'') and wait, way less athletic than Eric Gordon. Curry can be the next O.J. Mayo.

7. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Curry does have a silky smooth jumper and a nice drive. His dribbling and anticipation skills are decent to good, but he is a ball hog. He needs the ball to play. He loves doing pull up jumpers like TMac.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

Hmmm I don't know if I agree with that comparison for some reason. I just don't see Curry being that good in the NBA.

9. 1JumpShot

1JumpShot Member

so, whats meeks game is like? He's a 6'4' Shooting guard, well and can shoot obviously, what else?

10. Hayesfan

He's all about movement... moves good on offense and defensively he's formidable. He's not going to be flashy, but consistent.

Now that he's healthy we are seeing how good he can be.

Very mature and calm for the most part, not really a leader, but is trying to learn how to be as one of the few veterans on the team.

Was a track star in high school so he moves very quickly when he wants to. Has a variety of speeds to utilize and that's how he's able to move off picks and leave his defender in the dust on the drive.

He's somewhat streaky, but has improved a great deal in that regard since his freshman year. Even though last season he struggled because he was injured almost the whole season he worked hard in the off season to be in shape. = dedicated

Stays within the system very well, doesn't try to go all iso and forget his teammates. Decent passer, very good in the open court, getting better at making decisions on the fly.

Overall I would say he should be first round in this draft, probably at the bottom of it - unless he keeps up this pace.

He's a taller faster Luther Head in the NBA imho.

11. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

lol reminds me of Ray Allen

12. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Man, Dan Issel could ball!

13. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he just put up 45 today....dude is amazing

14. Hayesfan

He had to carry the team with Patrick out with a bum ankle. I think Jodie likes nationally televised games!

Here's the video

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2BDsX7S8jM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j2BDsX7S8jM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>