1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyle Lowry should be playing in clutch time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RyanB, Nov 23, 2009.

1. RyanB

RyanB Member

well guys, looking at the way Kyle sets players and plays the pick and roll especially with Landry seems to me better than what AB does
    he is aggressive, penetrates the defense and creates open shots for others
    i think that in clutch moments Kyle should be the maestro
    what do u think guys?

2. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

i thought the saying was crunch time

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'm fine with whoever is hot and/or whoever gives us an advantage in the matchups across the board.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'll take Kyle as the playmaking PG in crunch time with Aaron as the SG. I think that's our best option, given what we have. I might consider a Budinger/Ariza combo at SG/SF in some situations, but I agree that Kyle could be a better foul-creator and penetrator in clutch situations.

Really I'd play whoever is hot. I think RA is doing an solid job.

5. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

Here it goes again....

Brooks or Lowery, whoever is playing well that particular game should finish the game. The match up is different every game, and for Kings, their back court was too big for Brooks. That's why RA let Lowery finished the game.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

:p Next thread: Lowry should start the 2nd half over Brooks.

7. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

my preferred lineup would be

PG: lowry
    SG: brooks
    SF: ariza (or t-mac)
    PF: landry
    C: andersen (preferably a post up move instead of a jump shot)

these are the best we got at creating their own shots

8. soydeedo

soydeedo Member

I think you have to see how the player is on a given night before you make that decision, but in general I've noticed that at the end of games Brooks does better when we're up and Lowry does better when we're down.

Brooks doesn't do all that well when he feels rushed, whereas Lowry will take a few seconds to decide and then sticks to it, feeling that getting to the foul line is always an option if nothing else works out.

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I say whoever is going good then they should play, kinda like Sam and Kenny in the glory years...whoever is hot, plays!

10. VBG

VBG Member

Once/if T-Mac comes back I think we'll see Brooks play more and play better.

11. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Lowry is the better passer, defender and pure point guard. Brooks is the better scorer and shooter.

I, personally, prefer Lowry over Brooks, who's more of a 2-guard in a 1's body.