1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Jeremy Lin after 107-105 Rockets win over Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YRWna6xtaN8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Strangest thing with Lin tonight. After any game, you literally have to camp out at Jeremy Lin's corner locker (formerly Luis Scola's) and wait until he's out of the showers and ready to speak if you want a decent spot. If you're a one-man operation, you likely will miss speaking to Harden if you want to get a decent spot for Lin.

I was in the Lakers locker room and raced back to the Rockets. There was a mob of media around Greg Smith -- must have been 25+ around him. That alone was strange, but as I was trying to hear what he was saying (without any luck), the head of media came over and said, "If you guys want Jeremy, he's available." Looked over and he was all alone standing at his locker -- no one had even noticed it.

I seriously doubt that will ever happen again. Not a knock on Jeremy, just more to show how Greg Smith stole the show tonight.

1 person likes this.
  2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Seems legit...

3. rokit

rokit Member

lol this dude is crazy, gets benched and then compliments coaching

1 person likes this.
  4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Love his game or hate it....I value his objectivity in seeing his own limitations and the teams. High character and intelligence guy.

5. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Duh, all he wants to do is Lin.

6. just a word

just a word Member

2:17, couldn't even contain his smile anymore while praising the bench.:grin:

7. Dei

Dei Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

Classy guy. And he'll make a great coach if he decides not to become a pastor.

9. JK1

JK1 Member

Goto NBA.com, all (Lin, Douglas, Parsons, Harden and Smith) the interviews were classy, this team starting to gel.

Clutch you should put up all of the interviews (plus your commentary) or none at all, Jeremy wasn't really a factor in this game.

10. JK1

JK1 Member

Oh ****, my bad, this is your own video right.

11. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I did put up all the interviews I got.

12. Dei

Dei Member

I didn't know my pic was so big. Feel free to remove it.

13. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

My all-time favorite player was Larry Nance. (Although Lin might be second.) There was a game in which his team (Cleveland Cavaliers) blew out the opposition, and he scored like 4 points in the game. Someone asked him why he wasn't productive, and he said, "When the other players are playing great, don't intervene." .............

My favorite Lin play was him smothering Kobe on a one-on-one play. His offense might be out of kilter, but he made some plays on the defensive side of the floor that may have prevented a potential Laker early-game blowout. (He may have also blocked Kobe from behind, but his block was later removed from the box score. The play which Kobe rested on the floor, appearing to be hurt.)

14. Alex L.

Fixed it for you :grin:

Lin got us the first basket of the game too.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I really enjoy Kobe and Dwight's sad faces. Thanks, Clutch!

16. Alex L.

Dude, wrong thread :p

17. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

Nights like this is when you truly appreciate having a deep bench. Not surprised by Lin's glee since his own rise came about with Jeffries, Walker, Fields, Shumpert and Novak. If anyone can appreciate a freaking great night like this it's him.

I love how this team is built, and can't wait to see Jones and DMo getting their moments too. Very solid roster.

18. yunac010

yunac010 Member

TD never seemed bitter when he lost his starting job to Lin and was always one of the first off the bench to congratulate him. Glad Lin is like that too.

Even when Asik, Parsons, and Lin got benched they were pumped up and cheered for their teammates. It's nice to not have guys who would pout and whine over stuff like that.

19. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

Starters need to stop partying with hookers the night before a big game. Hope Sampson clamps down on that.

20. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

I was glad Douglas ended up on the Rockets with Lin. Wish they had kept Jorts too ...