1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wojnarowski calls out Chase Budinger and the Slam Dunk Contest

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yonizzel, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

<div><iframe frameborder="0" width="576" height="324" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/yahoo sports/site/player.html#vid=28395905&shareUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fsports.yahoo.com%2Fvideo%2Fplayer%2Fnba%2FY_Sports_NBA%2F28395905&startScreenCarouselUI=hide&browseCarouselUI=hide"></iframe></div>

This guy basically says that if Chase Budinger was dunking in someone's driveway, they wouldn't even look outside their window to see him. He specifically calls out Bud even though the other dunkers aren't exactly stars either. I think he is either racist, or has never seen the Brent Barry dunk.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Whos Adrian?

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Video doesn't work for me... Who the hell is Adrian?

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Adrian Wojnarowski
    Chase should call him out now while dunking. Like Rocky!

Aaadrian!
    A A A D R I A N!

5. M.ANGEL4

M.ANGEL4 Member

6. dd89

dd89 Member

end thread

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I haven't seen the other guys dunk, but I've seen Chase dunk. He doesn't belong in a dunk contest, from what I've seen.

8. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

A little bit of an overreaction. He said that about all of the dunkers this year, and followed it up by saying does the NBA think people are gonna tune in to watch Mario Chalmers and James Jones shoots 3's, or to see Chase Budinger dunk? I don't think he's being out of line, I think he's right about the NBA all star weekend getting weaker and weaker.

9. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Yeah, this is going to be the worst All Star weekend in a while. I'm usually hyped for this, not so much this year.

10. yo

yo Contributing Member

Maybe he's right. Let's see what Chase actually does. I can certainly see why he thinks he doesn't belong, but he sets himself up to look foolish if Chase does well. Sheesh, some of you take things so personally.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

I hope Budinger wins the contest in a landslide and shuts all douchebags up. Kid can fly.

1 person likes this.
  12. ashiin

ashiin Member

Come on bud channel your inner Barrys.

13. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

As a true Rockets fan, I support Chase and I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with. I wouldn’t put money on him winning, but he’s not going to embarrass himself like so many dodos think.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VNuYptpI95o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haters gonna hate.

1 person likes this.
  14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

The whole Allstar weekend has gotten progressively crappier... Back in the day, you had Bird in 3 pt shootout, MJ in dunk competiton... nowadays,these kids got no heart - its only about the benjamins... sorry to see...

15. Prince

Prince Member

I think this guy wants LeBron to participate in all contests from 3pt shoot out, dunk... the game...

wtf!

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

How did he call bud out specifically? He's calling out the whole thing and just listed names off the top of his head. Racist? :rolleyes:

17. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Totally thought this thread was about Jeff Adrien.

18. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

yes i'm sure he didn't prepare before he spoke on national tv. and i'm sure the picture of bud dunking just came up randomly. troll.

19. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I agree. Chase is a good athlete, and can dunk, but if the likes of LeBron or Griffin were in it, he'd be embarrassed. The dunk contest was so much more in the 80s.

20. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Not watching the dunk contest anyways. They dont have the Kobe Bryants, Jordans, Lebron James of the league competing in this contest anymore. Maybe the problem is not Chase and the problem is the contest itself? It is boring now with the top flight guys doing it every year.