1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rush Hour TV Series

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr. 13 in 33, Feb 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YBTWANZGX6g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. yo

yo Contributing Member

Who in the world decided this would be a good idea?

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Probably the same guys who sold weekend, summertime ad space on Walker, Texas Ranger and Martial Law for eight years.

4. hvic

hvic Member

does the asian guy do his own stunts lol

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

How can they do Rush Hour without Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan? This is like making an Austin Powers TV show without Mike Myers.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This will be cancelled within 3 episodes

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I thought this was a PARODY for the entire trailer until they showed the CBS logo. The entire sneak peak was cringe worthy. Who green lit this?

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

wait, so they are basically redoing the movies in TV format with a Chris Tucker impersonator? why? I'll watch because hey Chinese people on TV, but seriously why?

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As soon as I saw this thread title I knew it was going to be on CBS.

Looks just horrible. I'm not familiar with the guy playing Lee but his acting just seems terribly wooden. Even though in the original Lee was supposed to be play the straight guy to Carter and play upon his lack of English Jackie Chan just brings a sense of fun. This guy doesn't.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Since someone brought up Martial Law it was cheap spinoff of Rush Hour and Walker Texas Ranger with horrible acting, ridiculous plots, and Sammo Hong shouldn't be allowed to do lines in English. But the fighting was incredibly fun and creative and Sammo just has a great style.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dT2cK6MkHMQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't see any of that in this new Rush Hour. In the trailer the fighting looks competent but the jokes, like with the pool cue to the crotch, seemed forced where as with Sammo Hong and Jackie Chan there is a flow to the fights.

11. mleahy999

mleahy999 Member

Are we sure that isn't a white latino playing Lee? And the new Tucker seems to be trying way too hard.

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

White washed as ****. Got some mixed dude to play Lee.

Not that it even matters you can't replace Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan like that...

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

The producers ... I'll try to be as PC as possible about this...the producers are incredibly f#cking stupid, desperate w#ores who would sell their own grandmothers, like a ball of crack, if they could profit from it.

This is like those bad ideas that should be shot upon arrival, or a mere thought of.

Rush Hour works and was a good concept, because it was Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan. One of the hottest comedians/actors with one of the best/biggest martial arts actors in the world, who is also known for his death-defying stunts and Buster Keaton-esque slapstick humor in an action comedy. It works on the idea, alone. Even with a mediocre movie, you know you can get some entertaining scenes of it, regardless of pitiful writing.

This is just random two guys... it reminds of the movie, Finishing the Game, where the exec at the end said how hard could it be to find a random Asian guy. The thing about Rush Hour (and Bruce Lee) is that we are talking about very atypical performers and actors. Rare talent.

If it were a show or movie with say a Kevin Hart, Mike Epps, Eddie Griffin, Terry Crews (he's very comedic) or Anthony Andersen teaming with say someone like Donnie Yen, Jet Li, an upcoming Martial artists in Eastern cinema, one of the Kosugi brothers, or even K-Pop/J-Pop star, like Rain or Yun-ho.

1 person likes this.
  14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

CBS makes the worst shows. It perplexes me how they continue to be the most watched network.

15. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

16. VanityHalfBlack

Have a black and Asian guy but why make them the same characters as the movie? Might as well just get Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan for that. It be cool if they were their own characters. That trailer, ouch!

17. VanityHalfBlack

Hahhaha. Yep.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

They cater to the most boring demographics, old people and young people who have no sense of humor. Collectively they make up the largest percentage of the tv audience. Millennials don't really watch TV anymore.

That isn't to say that CBS doesn't have good shows here and there. How I Met Your Mother was good, The Amazing Race is good, but the majority of their shows are crap old people watch like Hawaii Five-O, CSI, and NCIS. Then they also have comedies like the Big Bang Theory that bland, uninteresting young people enjoy watching.

1 person likes this.
  20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Agreed- it's the free over-the-air (OTA) crowd. My in-laws are the perfect example; antenna and netflix.