1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Greatest Musician Of Our Time] Waves

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, Feb 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Comes out on February 11th. I am excited to see what Kanye has in store for us. He has never put out a bad album, many people like to say Yeezus was bad but it was actually pretty good, although perhaps still his worst solo album.

I'm feeling somewhat mixed because Kanye may only have a few albums left in him. He's now focused on his family and less on putting out music. I am unsure how many albums he is going to put out after this one.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Eww... No thanks.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

When I listen to new Kanye music im like, eh it's not that bad, probably just as good as the other stuff on the radio. Some catchy parts, its usually decent just because its Kanye on it.

Then I listen to college dropout, graduation, late registration, 808 and heart break and even some of the songs on watch the throne ... then my soul cries and my heart yearns. His new "music" truly is awful, compared to his real work. He isn't the same, doesn't try anymore, his heart isn't in any of his music like it used to be. Sometimes there is glimpses but that just disappoints me by reminding me of what his real potential is and where he used to be.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Probably not the greatest musician of all time, but the greatest musician of this generation. I didn't even like his last couple of albums.

5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I liked Kanye's music when his hunger for success matched the bravado.

Now, he may be the most egotistical, overrated artist around. He has had some really good albums, but 808s&Heartbreak was basura. He's allowed to have a few flops here and there, but after he "made it," he let his bitterness, fashion fetish and delusions of grandeur get the best of him. Or, maybe the women in his life brought out the beast.

I've heard some of his new material, and I'm not impressed. Lyrically, he's regressed. You can hear him trying to recapture his roots, but I have difficulty listening and not remembering the "person" on the track. He used to identify with his audience, but now, he forgot about the audience who embraced him a decade ago.

I'll listen to Nas' catalog over Kanye's, all day.

"How Sway?!" :p

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Kardashians curse?

I liked Yeezus but I think it was pre Kim

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I first listened to 808s & Heartbreak when I was broken hearted and loved it. It was made when he and Amber Rose broke up, on normal occasions it probably isn't that great, but hot damn does it hit the spot after a bad breakup.

8. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Greatest musician of our time, Seriously? Seriously?

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I could list a million musicians with more talent and creativity who don't need 25 writers orchestrating a song or even 1 for that matter.

10. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Also don't need to bathe in auto tune to hide the fact they can't sing in key

1 person likes this.
  11. Codman

Fair enough, and I'm sure that album will always mean something to you. I respect that.:)

I like "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" the most. Even though it's on that DivaKanye line, the production and lyrics were great. I really loved "Blame Game," if we're comparing break up songs.

I wish Ye and Cudi did an album together, but Cudi has gone so far off into his own that any collaboration will be difficult.

In association with Kanye, I'm definitely a fan of King Push (Pusha T). Ever since he was part of Clipse, I've followed his work. The lyrics have progressed and his production is underrated. I'm excited for his new project.

12. Codman

True.

And, using autotune is a skill in itself. After hearing so many artists fail with it, I respect T-Pain for using the vocoder consistently and well.

He doesn't even need it though...that's the crazy thing! His voice is pretty good, but he used what was working at the time. For him, he was the hitmaker for a good couple of years.

His producer skills are VERY underrated, too.

13. CCorn

CCorn Member

All I've heard was his shoe song, and it was awful.

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I've heard that it's going to be a Gospel album, any truth to that?

Also, Kanye is on status level GREAT. Like him or not, dude is just next level.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

Is he a musician though?

Greatest? For his Genre?

16. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Dark Fantasy and Yeezus were incredible albums.

17. ohmarioyes

ohmarioyes Member

Any talks about it leaking soon?

18. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

SMH...no...no..no

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

808s was innovative and revolutionary. It's one of those albums that has gotten more appreciated over time.

20. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

808's and Heartbreak has Paranoid and Robocop, which elevate it some....but Yeezus was not good in my opinion.

The other 4 albums are strong 8s, 9s, or 10s.