1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Deadpool

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Fox is finally making 'X-Men' spinoff 'Deadpool'

02/12/2016

[​IMG]

The Deadpool movie has become a Holy Grail for a certain kind of High Nerd comic book fan. While Hollywood has cycled through the A-list superheroes, rebooting the Batmen and the Supermen and the Spider-Men and even finally figuring out how to create a Hulk that people don’t actively despise, the lesser-known-but-aggressively-beloved merc with a mouth has been locked in development hell. The prospect of a Deadpool movie always seemed promising. Over the last couple decades, the character has transformed into a meta-hilarious anti-hero, breaking the fourth wall and angrily deconstructing the tropes of superherodom. Attached star Ryan Reynolds was always game to discuss his involvement in the project; there was a screenplay by the Zombieland writers; the occasional leaked test footage confirmed that, if nothing else, Deadpool sure wasn’t Amazing Spider-Man.

But Fox always seemed a bit cool to the idea, partially because the material seemed to call for a blockbuster-unfriendly hard-R rating, possibly because the character’s bigscreen tryout came in the cataclysmic X-Men Origins: Wolverine. But the studio clearly has a renewed faith in the X-franchise now that Days of Future Past has grossed close to $750 million worldwide. EW has confirmed that Fox has slotted a Deadpool movie onto an official release date: February 12, 2016. The film will still star Reynolds–who will almost certainly be playing a different version of the character from X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which you’ll recall was erased from history by Days of Future Past. It will be the feature film directorial debut of Tim Miller, a visual effects guy whose best-known work is probably the title sequence of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. (The film is apparently using the Rhett Reese/Paul Wernick script that made the rounds through darker corners of the internet to general acclaim.)

The fact that Deadpool is coming out in February, just fifteen months from now, probably indicates that Fox isn’t looking at Deadpool as a Wolverine-level blockbuster–which is probably a good thing, since the best runs on Deadpool represent cuckoo-crazy hysteria that’s a million miles away from the emo-grandeur of the mainstream X-Men series or the glossy Marvel Studios films. The film will come out three months before X-Men: Apocalypse and about a year before Wolverine 3 or The Wolverine 2 or All-New Wolverine Origins or whatever you call the alternate-universe sequel to a reboot of a prequel. (Fox also took the opportunity to move Fantastic Four from June 2015 into August 2015, and moved the Assassin’s Creed movie off the schedule completely.)
    It’s impossible to know if Deadpool can live up to years of fan hype, or if such an immediately weird property can connect with the mainstream public. But worth pointing out that Deadpool hasn’t started filming yet and is already the best superhero movie Ryan Reynolds has ever made.

Outstanding test footage (yes, I know there's a thread)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LoXGsv9nsNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1 Xerobull, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If they can get an R rating I expect awesomeness with this movie

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Fox? Well that sucks.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Fox or no Fox I am jacked this is finally getting made. Please...R rating...please?

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

You guys have to know it's going to be PG-13. They gotta get their money.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

But they sewed his mouth shut in the Wolverine doe...

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't even like the character much. He's like Gambit. He looks cool I guess. That's about it. Cracking jokes and being a wildcard... seems best suited for a supporting character.

9. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Ok, I'm out of the comic book loop these days.... I automatically thought of this movie...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5vE07sICB_4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Look closely for young Jim Carey & Liam Neeson both sporting some really bad hair

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

99ers always being 99ers!:grin:

made my day

11. Aarackniid

Aarackniid Member

I think that reality is now an alternate reality in the X-Men series, because of newest one.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Yeah;

a) There is an after credit scene that shows his mouth is no longer shut, and he's very much alive.
    b) They retconned that entire movie, along with X-Men 3, and The Wolverine...so...fuhhgeddaboutit.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That was The Dead Pool. This is Deadpool. Different titles.

[​IMG]

14. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cMh6UjbjgRs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yeah, I've never seen Dead Pool, so I just had a stroke. That looks like something from an alternate universe. Geez, he could have been in Ford Fairlane, or accidentally shot Brandon Lee.

16. 713

713 Member

[​IMG]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>With great power, comes great irresponsibility. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/deadpool?src=hash">#deadpool</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/officialsuit?src=hash">#officialsuit</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/deadpoolmovie">@deadpoolmovie</a> <a href="http://t.co/MPM89bYz1B">pic.twitter.com/MPM89bYz1B</a></p>&mdash; Ryan Reynolds (@VancityReynolds) <a href="https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/581485601674792960">March 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[youtube]tUEkqZxLyrg[/youtube]

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

That's what he's going to sound like when talking as Deadpool?

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So Reynolds just guaranteed an "R" rating there at the end?

20. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Just based off that tweet and picture... I don't like it. Goofy SOB