1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(TV Show) The Flash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmac2therack, May 15, 2014.

1. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

The CW released a trailer today for the new Flash show coming this fall.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Yj0l7iGKh8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Arrow has been amazing and this looks just as good. Can't wait for the fall.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have seen the full pilot. It was pretty good but I don't think I'll watch the show.

3. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

I'm in. Haven't started Arrow yet but nice to see they are tying in. How long before a Justice league TV series?

4. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Looks decent. I've loved Arrow. Not sure how this show will do with super powers.

5. SexyButIgnorant

Holy Crap! That actually looks really good. The special effects are way better than in Arrow!

I think WB would be silly not to incorporate both these guys into their Justice League series. They'd have two established and popular characters involved with the establish Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman from the next MoS movie.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I always wonder how they will humanize their hyperpowered people.
    Flash is ridiculously powerful . . . .. so it will be interesting to see
    if they have to bring more and more powerful people in
    him against any normal human will be rather boring

Rocket River

7. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

It's got potential; they pulled off Arrow reasonably well. Not a huge fan that they milked the personal tragedy backstory again. I don't think having a parent die is in the usual Flash backstory.

With the introduction of super-powered people it looks like its a cross between Smallville and Arrow. Makes more sense in the smallville universe.

8. SexyButIgnorant

The mother's death usually is a part of Barry Allen's origins. It's actually really interesting, I'm super stoked they're using the "ball of lightning" murder angle, that only means one thing for the future of this series: time travel!!

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'll watch.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

They should do a show like this for Superman.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*chuckle*
    they did. . . it was called Smallville

Rocket River

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In the end he runs really fast, just the other way.

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I dunno about this being in the Arrow universe, thats really the only problem I have.

Aside from the Mirakuru injected, all of the characters on Arrow are just well trained, no superpowers. It works, one of the reasons Superman is consistently so lame is because of his powers, you have to come up with ridiculous plot devices as to why he can't just solve every problem immediately.

Flash is very much superpowered, hope they don't have that problem, but I expect they will. I'll certainly watch though.

14. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Interesting............

15. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Nice green lantern reference in that trailer.

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I hate CW shows, too melodramatic ... I swear every show is the same.

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Good show for its demographic...

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think they address this in the trailer the OP provided. The same thing that happened to Flash, happened to a lot of people, giving them powers. (like the weather dude).

Which leads me to...

This trailer looks exactly like early Smallville seasons - CK trying to discover who is really is, while fighting the villain-of-the-week.

They better get creative with what the Flash can do, though. Supes had heat vision, x-ray vision, gusty breath, super strength - all that in addition to being able to run really fast.

If the OP's trailer showcased one of the more creative things to do with the Flash (running opposite a tornado?), then I fear for this show. It may not be able to hold its audience week in, week out.

19. SexyButIgnorant

Eh, it's from the creators of Arrow, so that problem shouldn't exist. They use the villain-of-the-week model every now and then but always have the wheels rotating towards the super-villain of the season, setting up awesome events on the way.

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

It looks worthwhile, and I think Warner is finally doing something smart and not depending on feature films (mixed track record) when they have something going with TV after Smallville and now Arrow.