1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adam and Lance is terrible

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by otis thorpe, Sep 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. otis thorpe

otis thorpe Member

feel free to merge this with the 790 making changes thread. no search. the new morning show is terrible. it has no structure. neither guy seems to even have a slightest desire to actually bring new info. if they want to do a comedy routine they should prepare. it just seems very lazy

2. M.G.

M.G. Contributing Member

They iz terrible.

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Ive actually made the switch to 610 in the morning now...I dont like what 790 is bringing in the morning. And then during my lunch, it's Jay Mohr on 790...no thanks.

The only time I'll even entertain 790 right now is listening to Charlie after work, so that'll take up about 75% of my drive home, with the other 25% going to 610.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

There is no reason to listen to sports talk radio. The Hangout has thread after thread of how terrible it is, but for some reason yall keep listening to it. Try FM, XM, or hook up your MP3 player. If you must listen to some dbags pretending to be figures of authority on certain topics, download some podcasts that you like and listen to those while driving.

Together, we can turn off sports talk radio. I believe in you guys. I know you can do it.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I listen to mostly 790 still. I skip Jay Mohe and skip Charlie Palilio. I

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

It's still enjoyable regardless...I can listen to any kind of talk surrounding the Texans and Rockets, and as long as that topic is up for discussion, I'll happily listen.

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

This. I quit listening.

8. dmc89

dmc89 Member

I agree. I stopped years ago. I listen to music on Sirius XM or podcasts through AUX input.

9. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Amen. With all the other choices out there, I can't fathom regularly listening to sports talk radio anymore. There are just way too many awesome podcasts to connect your MP3 and listen to (a lot that cover local teams too), not to mention XM and thousands of free streams you can connect your phone for.

Even at the times when I actually would like to hear something from sports radio, I still go to the stations' websites and download pods instead. They're pretty quick to upload them, I can choose the hosts and subject matter I like, and its all commercial free.

10. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

I think its pretty entertaining since there hasn't been much sports to talk about until these past few weeks. As with Jay Mohr, he's ok, but I wish it was the Sklar bros.

11. body slam

body slam Member

As bad as some think they might be. Still better than listening to Lopez or Josh.

12. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

Is Houston so football crazy and disinterested in basketball that Matt and Adam just weren't getting the ratings? Didn't read why they broke up that show. It was just so awesome, I can't imagine any other reasoning.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Someone mentioned their salaries may have been an issue and 790 needed to cut costs.

14. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Since investing more time in finding and listening to podcasts, I've found my sports talk radio time has been cut down drastically.

I respect the work the radio guys do, but I'm not really missing that time much.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Like others, I'm all about podcasts, audiobooks, and mp3s these days. Haven't listened to sports radio in about a year, and I don't miss it.

16. underrated015

underrated015 Member

only reason i listen to 790 is because of charlie p.

17. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I agree, 790 has gone to crap with the new line up.

Just curious, what are some good podcasts that you guys have been listening to?

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I can't stand these guys who call themselves Ben and Skin on 105.3 The Fan on D/FW radio. They sound like these guys you'll are complaining about. They got their lame comedy going on and these guys seem to bounce around to various radio stations whenever stations change their line-ups...like they get fired on one radio station for poor ratings and then are hired to do the same act on another radio station. Newsflash...they still suck regardless of where they go.

19. Rockets007

Rockets007 Contributing Member

I would like to know this too!

20. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

What annoys me most is that the sports radio stations all time their commercials to be at the same time, so you can't help but have to listen to commercials. You can't flip over to the other one to miss commercials.