1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Deadpool

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Sep 18, 2014.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

not acceptable.

don't ever post here again unless it's in a matt maloney or moochie norris thread.

thanks

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

X-Force. Nuff said.

There's a rumor either a) Deadpool and Psylocke appear together at the end of Deadpool in an after credit scene and/or b) Deadpool will show up in Apocalypse after the credits. Plus Apocalypse is set in the 80s, Deadpool occurs in the present day well after it chronologically.

Also after all of the changes after Days of the Future past they more or less have a clean slate to work from.

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Damn that's harsh :(

4. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Just saw it. Fox finally did their Marvel license justice. A+

Top notch jokes and laughs.

Colossus finally done right.

End of credits scene will blow your mind.

5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Agreed across the board except the mind blowing part. It was good though.

6. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Very good movie.

Loved it and I'm glad they did his character justice with the R rated tag. I really didn't expect much given that Reynolds bombed in Green Lantern, but this movie seemed tailor-made for him.

End of credits was pretty cool, as mentioned. Deadpool fans will love it.

7. Nero

Nero Member

Saw this last night.

A++++

9.5/10

Ok, up front, I have to say, I have never read a single Deadpool comic, so I don't know if this movie was 'true to the source material' or not. But I don't care. It absolutely blew me away from start to finish.

HOWEVER***

I am shuddering as I write this, worrying about all the parents and little kids who are going to be seeing this at the matinee showings on Saturday morning.

OMG DO NOT TAKE YOUR LITTLE KIDS TO SEE THIS MOVIE.

I'm talking unbelievable gore, exceptionally bad language, multiple sex scenes, and some full-frontal strip-club nudity thrown in for good measure.

For the record, I personally loved all of those elements, but for God's sake don't take little kids to see this movie.

Or you are going to be explaining to them why the girl was riding the guy like a horsey, and 'Why did he act like it was hurting him, Mommy?'.

Seriously.

This movie was made for adults, and specifically adults who are fully aware that they are watching a HARD R movie.

Since that seems to be what people were most concerned about during the process of making a Deadpool movie, I can report that they accomplished exactly what they were aiming for.

Also, be prepared to have to go back and watch it maybe a couple more times. The reason is, the jokes and action and visual beats are so incredibly sense, you will literally lose bits simply because you and the audience will be laughing or gasping so much, you won't hear some of it the first time around.

Bottom line: LOVED IT

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Do we get to see nude Morena Boccarin????

Asking for a friend

9. Nero

Nero Member

Yeah, pretty much, but just glimpses. But yeah, you definitely get to understand her appeal. :cool:

10. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

So you're saying I shouldn't take my 15yr old daughter to see it?? :confused:

11. Xerobull

Nah, you're good.

12. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Going to see it again tomorrow by the way. Also to the poster above, yeah it was pretty comic-accurate. Hands down the best X-men (based) movie to date in that regard. Can't wait for the sequel when they actually have a budget.

13. Nero

Nero Member

You're the parent, you'll have to decide that. I will be letting my 15 year old son watch it, but I already know he will cover his own eyes for the naughty bits, he's just that kind of kid still.

14. Xerobull

Looks like it broke the February Thursday night record yesterday....

Record Breaker? Some Box Office Records 'Deadpool' May Be Hunting

UPDATE: Deadpool got off to an excellent start last night, raking in $12.7 million from Thursday previews, which began at 7PM in 2,975 theaters. This is the largest February preview ever, topping Fifty Shades of Grey, which brought in $8.6 million last year. It's also the largest R-rated preview ever, topping The Hangover Part II's $10.4 million preview session back in 2011.

Some numbers to keep an eye on now are the $30.2 million Fifty Shades brought in on Friday last year and the $30.4 million American Sniper made on its first Friday in wide release. Should Deadpool top those two numbers we could be looking at a record-setting weekend. The original post follows...

Deadpool is the weekend's most anticipated new release and it will begin screening tonight, Thursday, at 7PM in theaters across the country. As a result, talk of the film breaking records is one thing we didn't focus on in our weekend preview, but there could be a few up for grabs for the newest comic book adaptation.

BoxOfficeMojo remained conservative in its opening weekend projection for the film, expecting something in the $62 million range for the three-day and $72 million for the four-day weekend. As impressive as those numbers are, there is a possibility Deadpool busts down the front-door and starts blowing away records right away.

For starters, the record for the largest Thursday preshow in the month of February is currently held by Fifty Shades of Grey at $8.6 million from 2,830 theaters starting at 8 PM. Deadpool will begin its run an hour earlier and is expected to play in 2,500+ theaters, some of which will be IMAX and PLF screens. This is one number that could prove a solid early indicator, suggesting what we could be looking at for the weekend.

As it turns out, Fifty Shades is our window into several of the records Deadpool will be hunting. The film took its $8.6 million Thursday previews and turned it into an $85.1 million, February opening weekend record. That number is also the second largest Winter season opening weekend, second to American Sniper's $89.2 million weekend a month earlier.

Fifty Shades would go on to gross a record-breaking $93 million over the four-day, President's Day weekend, besting the previous record set by Valentine's Day by nearly $30 million. Can Deadpool climb that high?

Both Fifty Shades of Grey and the aforementioned American Sniper are also important in the record books as they are both R-rated features. Yet, neither film holds the record opening for an R-rated movie as that record belongs to The Matrix Reloaded with $91.7 million.

Deadpool will have to get off to a tremendous start for that record to be in any kind of serious jeopardy, but a top five finish might not be out of the realm of possibility. The fifth slot is currently occupied by The Passion of the Christ with $83.8 million and below that is 300 with $70.8 million, which brings up another point, Deadpool has a shot at holding the largest opening weekend for an R-rated comic book adaptation. Here's the current list:

300 - $70,885,301
    Watchmen - $55,214,334
    Wanted - $50,927,085
    300: Rise of An Empire - $45,038,460
    Kingsman: The Secret Service - $36,206,331
    Blade II - $32,528,016
    Constantine - $29,769,098
    Sin City - $29,120,273
    2 Guns - $27,059,130
    V for Vendetta - $25,642,340

R-rated comic adaptations are far from the norm and, of the films above, Deadpool carries a smaller budget than all but three of them at only a reported $58 million. Only Blade II ($54m), Sin City ($40m) and V for Vendetta ($54m) were made for less, and the most recent of that lot was V for Vendetta, which was released ten years ago.

Both of the major online ticketing websites, Fandango and MovieTickets, are reporting impressive advance ticket sales for Deadpool. Fandango reports it has been the #1 film in daily sales for the last two weeks and is outselling last year's Ant-Man at the same point in the sales cycle. Of course, Ant-Man only went on to open with $57.2 million so it's going to have to really outsell Ant-Man if it has hope for any of the aforementioned records. We may have some idea of just how much it's outselling Ant-Man by tomorrow morning as Ant-Man brought in $6.4 million from Thursday night preview screenings.

MovieTickets, meanwhile, is reporting that Deadpool accounts for 66% of all tickets sold by the company in the last 24 hours. Of those tickets, over 20% are for moviegoers who are purchasing tickets to see the film on an IMAX and/or premium large format screen.

Tomorrow morning will deliver our first idea as to whether Deadpool has a shot at any of these records once Thursday preview numbers are reported. BoxOfficeMojo will be sure to update our weekend preview with those numbers, as well as numbers for Zoolander 2 and How to be Single, once they come in.

Really? What about the
    scene where Wade Wilson is getting jammed up the arse with a strap-on?
    Pretty adult, even with kids seeing everything on the internet.

15. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go watch Homeland.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Season, episode, and minute mark where she bares it?

17. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Very first ep bruh

And great that Deadpool had a good Thursday opening.
    I won't be seeing it till next week but excited. And excited for the impending sequel with hopefully Cable included in it.

18. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Really? At 15?:confused:

19. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Absolutely hilarious every time they poked fun at themselves for the budget or other movie issues/cliches.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Cable will 100% be in it, I'll refrain from explaining how I know.