1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game] Quantum Break [Xbox One/PC]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Feb 11, 2016.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i9OaGMi4RaM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This game is one of the biggest reasons I wanted a Xbox. I absolutely cannot wait.

I'm a huge fan of the Max Payne series (Remedy made Max Payne 1/2, with 3 being made by Rockstar), and this looks like they've more or less brought that concept into 2016 -- with some major and important differences.

If you pre-order the digital version (this may be true for boxed copies as well, but last I heard was digital) for Xbox One, you will get a free copy for PC as well. Both versions come out on the same day.

If you pre-order for Xbox One, you will also get Alan Wake for backwards compatibility. (Alan Wake was a 360 game, it's good as well.)

The game also has cross platform saves on Xbox One / Windows 10, which I would say is quite uncommon. Might get me to start playing games on my PC a bit more again.

[Edit] Confirmed: Digital pre-orders for Xbox One will get the Windows 10 PC version for free. ALL Xbox One purchases get Alan Wake for backwards compatibility. Xbox One pre-orders get Alan Wake's DLC for backwards compatibility as well.

#1 seclusion, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Looks pretty awesome. Is the Xbox version gonna look that good?

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I believe the video is the Xbox version if that helps. By all accounts it looks outstanding visually.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yes looks fantastic.

6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can't wait.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Hope it delivers.

Like the idea of intelligent enemies using time travel against me, and if some of that is AI time travel attacks that would be interesting.

Shooters are fun, but they do seem lack story telling and drama more often than not.

I thought the Tomb Raider game was a lot of fun, but the shooter aspect seemed to lack control. While the Puzzles and exploration shined.

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I don't think Tomb Raider is really a shooter. It's more action adventure, but yeah I see what you're saying. That's one of the things I truly enjoyed about Max Payne and even Alan Wake -- I think Remedy does a great job at telling stories. The noir aspect of Max Payne was one of my favorite things about it. (I'm not normally into that, either)

I think you might like this one, but it's definitely going to be a lot more heavy on the shooting than something like Tomb Raider.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So is Rooney the main character?
    [​IMG]

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I think you mean Iceman, sir.

[​IMG]

11. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

12. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Yep.....

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

So you necro'd a thread to say meh? Have you played it?

14. Blatz

yep and meh....

Very disappointing. Think I'm in act 4 and I'm not sure if I'm going to finish it.

#14 Blatz, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i'm more interested in your thoughts since you hyped it. better or worse than you expected? should i buy it?

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Heard it was only ok.

Might buy it if there is a sale

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

eh? meh

break out the pooper scooper and slow down time for smell ;)

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm not very far in so it would be hard for me to judge (act 1 scene 4 or some such). With that said it has some of the best effects I've ever seen in a video game. I've really enjoyed all the mocap and so on.

The biggest complaints I've heard is the length of the game (around 10 hours or so on normal), there is some replay value in that things you do in the game can change how cinematics play out. (though the game ending will never change)

Remains to be seen? I'm enjoying it though.

19. Blatz

Didn't noticed but I was at the end on act 5. The game sucked. Wanted it to be good

20. Blatz

You are in act 1 and you say there is some replay value.. finished it and I don't see how there is any replay value what so ever. The bad writing and acting episodes smashed between each act did not help.