1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luis Scola Named MVP for FIBA Americas Championship

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pryuen, Sep 2, 2007.

1. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Felt so happy for the new Rockets !! :D

He (19.5 ppg/7.5 rpg) beat all the NBAers of USA and other teams to become MVP of FIBA Americas Championship.

Showed great leadership, never-say-die fighting spirit, passion, great basketball skill & IQ, and in the absence of 4 major NBA starters in his national team, almost single-handedly led his team to qualify for 2008 Olympics !!!

2. dontbedoindope

dontbedoindope New Member

Scola looked pretty good. I watched most of our games (including the 2 we played against him).

I'm excited about this season!

3. yaozzzi

yaozzzi Member

good job~~

4. AXG

AXG Member

I'm happy for Scola. The Rockets got the steal of the offseason when they traded for him. I'm excited and I can't for October 30th to get here.

5. BroadwayBelm

BroadwayBelm Member

wow, that's one hell of an accomplishment

6. rnbni99a

rnbni99a Member

Scola>>> Lebron & Melo..lmao

he's a beast tho..

ROCKETS 2007-08 NBA CHAMPS!!!

7. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Congratulation! Scolar. You are impressive.

8. rua2006

rua2006 Member

9. fuzzy88

fuzzy88 Member

Did you see him pushing Amare around today? Did you see him spin around DHoward? Man, he is way underrated, I think. Imagine that in real NBA game, Dwight and Amare will be playing centers, and Scola will be playing smaller guys.

This guy is for real, and we got a huge steal. Hey, this rhymes well. :)

10. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Congratulations!

I hope someday he can win NBA final MVP!

11. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

I saw 3 moves he did that dropped my jaw. if he can do that to the best of the best, imagine what he'll do some of the scrubs of the league.

14 points 7 boards 3 assists 52% field goal.

12. holyman2k

holyman2k Member

man this guy is good, i'm not sure if we should start him or let him be the first or second option when yao and/or tmac is on the bench.

yeah glad we got him before fiba, no way spur will let him go for nothing.

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

LOL, I just read a few threads on spurstalk, they are going nuts over this :D.

One of the best deals ever!

14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I've said it meaning times before and I will say it again....Amare and DHoward...are good players....but is not warranted to the media hyped centers neither one should be playing in the 5th spot....both as power fowards would be limited to either 3rd to 6th best in the league.

Neither one has a great post offense or defense to be considered a true center. I have neer seen either one take command of the paint like real center is supposed. I would take an aging Sabonis, a Brad Daughterty, Rony Seikaly, or a even Zydraunas as center over either of these two. Again, don't get me wrong I would love to have either one on my team just not as starting center.

I believe one of the main reasons the Suns can't get to finals is because their insistence to play with small lineup and have Amare as their center...he's good player....but he is not a center. Look how teams have their way in paint, most teams can play into paint against the Suns really well, whether it's the other teams big man or an offense playing aggressive to the basket type game.

This one of the reasons why Scola will help us tremendously if we play them, if Amare can't stop him with a rosters full of all stars, how is going stop him and Yao together.

15. Bank_Shot

Bank_Shot Contributing Member

I think Scola could be the best PF the Rockets had since Sir Charles had a good knee.

16. papsi2010

papsi2010 Member

im sure he is better than vspan :D :D

17. deadlybulb

deadlybulb Contributing Member

Anyone been reading up on the Spurs boards???

They have to be even more upset about the trade now. :D :D :D

18. lived

lived Member

I'm very encouraged by Scola's play in this tournament. He showed a good shooting touch, soft finishing near the basket, ability to run the length of the court and composure (esp when they were trailing Brazil). However, I think what the Rockets need now is a big body down low to bang and grab rebounds, a complement to Yao Ming's presence. He wasn't challenged enough in this tourney for us to make a definitive call on his ability to do that match in match out. But all signs point to good offensive skillz.

19. pryuen

pryuen Contributing Member

Luis Scola proudly lofting up his MVP trophy !!! :D :D :D

[​IMG]

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

did not know Li-ning was their sponsor. GO Scola!