1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video - Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey Is A Moron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by recboil, Jul 16, 2014.

1. recboil

recboil Member

2. mcgrady33090

mcgrady33090 Member

this guy is r****ded

3. astros123

astros123 Member

he owns him

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

If you buy a lottery ticket, you could win the lottery

Howard, Harden and Parsons could win a championship

5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Awful rant.

I agree with him that Morey is wrong in that you need to have 3 super stars to win a championship.

Other than that, I have to say that this guy does not understand the concept of salary cap and why Parsons's contract would have tied us up (since Morey is after a star).

6. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

He still has a MJ poster on his wall. Enough said.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Trying to get famous by calling someone a moron . . . someone who has your dream job . . . while you're in your bedroom at your mom's house . . .

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This hits the nail on the head of what I've been saying: people who are furious of the stuff that's happened tend to have less than a basic understanding of the salary/payroll rules.

9. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Maybe he though, what if, Morey though of the CHANCE at KD next summer> than NO MONEY!? Hmmmmm....
    guy is living in Da Bears history I'm sure too.

10. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Thought**edit:rolleyes:

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well I mean, most of us are also 40 year olds who live in the basement or garage of our parents houses too.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I've noticed a slowly growing trend of the Rockets being vilified and ridiculed by other NBA fans. Of course, now it has hit an all-time low and everyone can't wait to pile onto "dork elvis" and his merry band of floppers/assets.

Whether or not what they say is with merit, I cannot wait to smash them ALL against a wall

13. Gertso

Gertso Member

Anyone who likes this video should do the world a favor and just end themselves.

14. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

OP, this was hilarious to you? Wasn't funny at all, was actually really annoying.

15. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

I managed to make it to the 2 minute mark. Fairly proud of myself seeing as how painful it was listening to that windbag. He is as uninformed as he is obnoxious. Is he auditioning to replace Josh Innes or something?

16. Hardensway

Hardensway Member

Moron Morey, that sounds so right

17. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Surprise surprise, Morey wants to take a chance on signing an established star player over tying up our salary cap by taking a chance by signing a "possible" future star player. The guy in the video lost me after he said we traded away Asik for nothing. We have a pretty good shot at getting that pick in next years draft, assuming the Southwest division stays as competitive as it was the last few years since Chris Paul left.

I can't see the Hornets making it past..

Spurs
    Thunder
    Clippers
    Rockets
    Trailblazers
    Golden State
    Grizzlies
    Suns
    Dallas

Jrue Holiday (just coming off a season ending injury)
    Eric Gordon (decent shooting guard, but injury prone and not as consistent as his high salary)
    Tyreke Evans (ball dominant G/SF, not a very good compliment next to Holiday imo)
    Ryan Anderson (good player when healthy, stretch 4 we need.. is coming back from season ending back injury)
    Anthony Davis (not much you can say to knock him, he did break his hand last year though)
    Omer Asik (he may or may not start, can't finish lay ups at high rate but seeing him and Davis together seems really intimidating defensively)

Chances are we're going to get a pretty decent lottery pick. I don't see Love being traded to us before the season starts but maybe during the trade deadline it's possible we can take a chance on trying to obtain him for cheap. (don't think we have enough salary to send out to match his anyways)

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

was ok not that funny, but he's right. i give the asik deal a pass cuz we got ariza, a pick and filler. as long as ariza plays for real its a good trade. but losing lin and parsosns for almost nothing is terrible. had to give the lakers a first and 2nd round bpicks. sure u can say its a future move for next offseason but the loss is too great, you have to wait tillthe next offsedaosn to see how this pans out.

morey shouldn't of said we're a a better team and top 4 in the west, poised to win...all that bullcrap. should've kept it short and go to the next question lol.

maybe he has broader view on who's elite. i dunno what morey was thinking on this one.

he's a good gm, not a great one. rockets have made it out the the first round once in almost 20 years! one of his most annoying flaws is the "no two pointers". sometimes you have to take the best shot and its not always gonna be a 3 or a layup. you cant avoid the mid range jumper so much that you become allergic to it. he plays the stats way too much and forgets about the actual game

19. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This offseason has been vastly overstated. We obviously took a step back with CP gone but every other position likely was improved. Asik potential last year never translated into victorys as evident by the fact we had the same record with him as without him and honestly I'd rather take a flyer on Cannaan over a bad fit Lin.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

See the problem with calling Morey a moron for Parsons, Asik and Lin is that he and his crew were responsible for getting them in the first place. Parsons was a very low pick and if it wasn't for us he might gone undrafted or went overseas. Adik and Lin were only obtained thanks to the poison pill contract they devised. So how can you or anyone else call him a moron when the only reason the team got those guys is because of DM and co? Even if you lost those for nothing, the team still got 3 quality years at a large discount, and in Asiks case you improved your pick for next year.

Tbh I'm noticing a trend where the only people who call DM names or want him fired are the casual fans/ignorant people who don't have any knowledge of salary cap. I mean 5 years ago the Rox were the oldest team in the league and had 2 washed up stars. Now the Rox are one of the youngest and have 2 top 15 players. Does that sound like a horrible GM job to you? If you ask the ignorant masses though, its like that something Dumars can do in his sleep.

2 people like this.