1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mass Murder Suspect In Custody- RIP to the Stay family

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ron413, Jul 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. "Snosrap

"Snosrap Member

my condolences..

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

At some point .. . . . i don't care for their reasoning, mental capacity, etc
    . . . . Sometimes you just have to put them down
    Lock him in the box for the next . . . rest of his life
    Lethal injection
    etc
    Whatever . . the general public should NEVER have to deal with this scum again

Rocket River

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I can't believe I read that "god is good!" on a status update surrounding the girl that survived. Where the **** was he when the other 6 were being murdered execution-style?

4. yaoishung7575

yaoishung7575 Member

Who cares? Why even bring this up? People believe what they believe and try to spin things in a positive manner. This isn't new. Take it to the D and D.

5. Progs

Progs Member

D&D maybe?

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I don't think Dungeons and Dragons players would be stupid enough to say "god is good" when referring to the murders of six innocent people.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Don't get me started.

DD

8. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

It's because they don't understand what or why it happened so they turn to whatever god/higher power they believe in for comfort.

I know when I read it for the first time I almost had a panic attack of grief for the family and then couldn't stop thinking about my own family. It's incomprehensible what he did, I can't even process what should be his punishment. Just utterly and unfathomably terrible.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

No, but I am a human being. Not sure how having kids would further qualify my opinion.

[​IMG]

10. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Aren't you the resident Bible breh? What happened to forgiveness?

11. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I can't believe they wrote that, either. Should be "God" with an uppercase! :eek: God is good! Am I right?

Y'all don't believe, huh? Cool.

13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I'll go ahead and say that the killer doesn't deserve the death penalty either. The death penalty = 'Merica. It works against the goals of the criminal justice system and civilization generally. Research the use of the death penalty internationally. No reason to make this into that.

Also--saying that anyone who sympathizes with a killer or works with a killer (lawyers and psychiatrists par your example) is a piece of **** is absolutely immature. "I'M TOO MAD TO THINK RIGHT NOW" is not an excuse for reacting illogically. You should always try to understand why someone may have acted the way they did before labeling them as "evil" and thus incomprehensible.

How do you define his mental culpability? It requires a lot of ignorant assumptions and ignorance of his mental illness, which is a thing that exists that people actually suffer from.

I think he deserves life in prison and to preempt any responses:
    of course I am concerned for the surviving family members.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Did you guys miss why this thread was bumped. See the quote from FishBulb913. Maybe this should get it's own thread for emphasis

Have dinner at Chick-fil-A...and mention the Stay family.

15. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

So, God is good then?

Seriously, though, I wish I would have seen that earlier. I would have gotten dinner there.

16. egr281

egr281 Member

I live just north of where the standoff happened. I remember being at lifetime fitness seeing the report thinking this is just too close to home, i just wish the father could have accessed his home protection(if he had any). Condolences

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

America's CJ system was circumvented from the path of rehabilitation when we allowed private companies to run prisons. Now we feed these companies human lives in order to maintain their bottom line.