1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Yahoo:Ball Dont Lie: How the outsider see Rockets offseason]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sommermärchen, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Sommermärchen

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/so-far-this-offseason--the-houston-rockets-have-badly-whiffed--so-far-205745703.html
    yeah whatever;)

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

They keep forgetting about that New Orleans lottery pick.

3. bmd

bmd Member

"The next first round pick the team can deal would be stuck in the 2017 NBA draft."

Wrong.

Never trust a guy talking basketball who looks like this:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Kelly doesn't like it when you post the entire text and don't click on the link. He's contentious but fair. I clicked.

5. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I'm not mad at all at Morey...

Me made the right moves and every media outlet and insider were all saying the same thing that if Lebron left the Heat then Bosh would leave also... Just so happens that Bosh threw a monkey wrench into things at the last minute and that's not Morey's fault.

The more I look at it, the more I realize that Morey really had no intention of re-signing CP back.. I don't think Morey wanted to make the same mistake he did a few years ago with the poison contracts..

If the start of the season was in 2 weeks I would be worried, but Morey has several months to look at the entire picture to see what best fits for now and the future. It's way too early to be in panic mode and to start signing huge contracts for no reason...

So for now I will sit back and see what happens...

T_Man

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Miami pulled a last second, desperate move. It happens. Had they not done so Morey would be a lock for executive of the year. While I don't agree that you need three stars (I'm of the belief Morey actually views Harden as a semi-star but will never admit it) to win a Championship, I understand Morey does and I think he can get it done.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Yes, HUGE whiff and failed calculation.

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

"That New Orleans end of the deal involved the Rockets sending the league’s best backup center in Omer Asik to the Pelicans for what will probably be a late lottery pick in next year’s draft, one that will produce a player nowhere as good as Omer Asik."

That passage was literally within the first 10 sentences of the article.

It was an excellent article IMO, taking a fair appraisal of Morey and his strategy. It wasn't overly negative or positive but pretty balanced in its critique.

9. alethios

alethios Member

While I feel like we're still a 50+ win team, I can't shake the memories of CP bailing us out on several games during the regular season when others were upchucking bricks. I hope that the complexion of this team changes enough on the defensive end to offset the drop-off in offense.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<p>Kelly gon be maaaaad... How many times does it have to be said that you guys should not post the ENTIRE article!</p>

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Kelly is actually a very good writer and posts here as well.

You can shove your remark up your ass.

OP, please edit your post to not include the entire article here and only post the link to it.

12. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Kd with another good article. He used to post here

13. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Pretty fair article, KD. I clicked.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Ariza did the same with the Wizards. Per 100 possessions he scores 21ppg. Parsons was 22ppg per 100. It is just that Ariza does it on better percentages.

The only thing we lose out on offensively is Parsons pick n roll with Dwight where he gets in the lane and lobs for Dwight. But we gain so much defensively it is more than offset.

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Good article. Does Kelly still post? Either way I clicked.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

usually one of the KD's critics (he's kind of an ******* too) , but this article was written really well.

17. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

Bottom line is this: DM made the calculated moves that landed JH/DH & won. He made the same moves for CB/CP . . . and lost. His analysis background says long term, he will win.

Just like in poker, you'll always be a long term winner if you make the right choices. I liked CP, but it was the right choice. I immediately unfollowed him in FB. I can't & won't root for anything Dallas.

18. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

One jump shot away from a game 7 at home and a shot at the second round.