1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Food Poisoning?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Harrisment, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

So yesterday morning I woke up and immediately started puking. Initially I thought it was from drinking too much the night before, but soon figured out that it was more than that. I don't want to go into too much detail, but lets just say it was coming out of both ends. Painful dry heaves every 20 mins or so that lasted for about 6 hours. By the afternoon I was running a 101 fever and felt like total ****. Even today I still feel really nauseous, but I've been able to keep down a couple pieces of toast which is the only thing I've eaten in the last 36 hours. The fever is gone today, so I don't feel like total death at least.

So does this sound like food poisoning? My wife and I ate nearly the exact same things the day before, but the only difference is I got my steak cooked medium rare and she got hers medium when we went to Benihanas. I've heard that food poisoning can be pretty brutal, but this is ridiculous.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

are you having really strong stomach craps? If so, you are having your perio....j/k yeah, sounds like Food poisoning.

3. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

The tip off for me is always getting severe chills for a couple of hours. It does knock you on your back for a couple of days.

4. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure you have food poisoning and +1 on the chills.

I had FP a month ago and I had the chills bad.

5. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Yeah I did get chills pretty bad yesterday. I was so cold and the muscle aches were so bad that I got into a hot bath a few times, even though that's probably not the smartest thing to do when you have a fever.

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Sounds exactly like what I had a few months ago, which I assumed was food poisoning. Don't worry, though. It hits really hard and then disappears fairly quickly. I got it in the wee hours of the morning on a Thursday and was running in the Warrior Dash by Saturday afternoon.

7. pugsly8422

pugsly8422 Contributing Member

Definitely sounds like food poisoning to me. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and stomach cramps are usually the most obvious signs. Depending on the severity, you could also have some dehydration, chills and fever.

Be sure to drink plenty of water (or other herbal teas, I know peppermint tea is supposed to work well), and when it is easier to eat it is good to start out with rice, bread and potatoes.

If it lasts more than 2-3 days, I would make a trip to the hospital.

The only other thing I can think of would be stomach flu, but the symptoms you listed definitely sound like food poisoning.

Get better soon.

Pugs

8. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Just had it a month ago.

It is the worst!!!

You probably will feel really bad for the first 2 to 3 days.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

the new radiohead isn't that bad!

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

11. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

When people get their steaks cooked well-done, the terrorists win.

They also don't get poisoned.

jk.. :p

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If you are blaming the steak for not being fully cooked, then you may have an E Coli infection. It has the symptoms you are describing. While it may kill a child or senior citizen, it would probably just make a regular person sick for up to three days.

13. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Jerk. ;)

Yeah, I totally deserved it for that comment.

14. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

funny thread, i got food poisoning yesterday in austin... strangely enough though i wasn't throwing up or sh!tting all that much but had terrible chills and body aches. i think i lucked out because i ended up eating very little of my meal so i didn't get a full blown case of heaves/runs, and thank god. the dry heaves every 20 mins are the worst.

i'm still shaking it off and my stomach is still a little out of whack but i think i'm in the clear.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

well if you feel really bad you might want to get tested to see if you have any really bad infections.

get well man, food poisoning sucks.

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Stomach bug is currently making the rounds. Son had it last week. He was out of whack for 48 hours.

17. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Do you have explosive diarhea??????

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Only had Food Poisoning once in my life and it knocked out of commission for a full day, nausa was the worse part mainly because I rarely if ever throw up. Hope I never have to go through it again.

19. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Remember to drink plenty of Gatorade or something similar!

20. Fatty FatBastard

Sounds like salmonella.

The doneness of your steak had nothing to do with it. Cross contamination is a b**** and there is a reason why people say to wash your hands after handling poultry.