1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Parsons: Harden is MVP at this point

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kingkingston, Jan 28, 2015.

1. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

If Chandler Parsons had a midseason MVP vote, it would go to former teammate James Harden.

"For sure. He's the best player in basketball right now," Parsons said before his Dallas Mavericks faced Harden's Houston Rockets on Wednesday night. "The things he's doing are incredible. The scouting report is focused in on stopping him and you see he's still getting 30 a game. It's impressive."

Harden leads the NBA in scoring with 27.6 points per game and is averaging 5.6 rebounds, 6.8 assists and 2.0 steals. He's the primary reason the Rockets had a 31-14 record entering Wednesday's game despite co-star center Dwight Howard missing several games due to injury.

"Right now, there's nobody playing better basketball on the planet," Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said.

"It doesn't really surprise me," Parsons said. "I saw firsthand how talented he is. He works extremely hard. He's playing better defense this year. He's leading their team. He's hitting tough shots. There's not much he's not doing.

"I'm happy for him. Obviously I don't want him to play well tonight, but I'm happy how he's playing."

Harden and Parsons had a tense exchange via the media this summer after the Rockets declined their right to match the Mavs' three-year, $46 million offer to Parsons in restricted free agency. Parsons took offense to Harden characterizing him as a replaceable role player, calling it a "pretty ridiculous statement."

However, they smoothed over any hard feelings during their time together in Team USA's training camp and consider each other friends.
    http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story...s-says-houston-rockets-james-harden-mvp-point

At least he is honest :D

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Parsons will retire a rocket.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I've always liked Parsons.

4. noppeper

noppeper Member

Too bad role player opinions don't count.

2 people like this.
  5. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

@clutchfans: Mavs coach Rick Carlisle on James Harden: "Right now, there's no one playing better basketball on the planet."

6. junk151

junk151 Member

Parsons is offended

7. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Come home to us Parsons. Dallas was a mistake.

8. King901

King901 Member

So yall love Parsons now....

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

Sucking up while in town, but as soon as he leaves he'll start talking about how Houston smells again. Take your cheap shot talking self back to the D-Town again, as in Douchebags.

10. apollo33

apollo33 Member

why wouldn't he say that

I assume they are still good friends, why would Parsons pick Curry whom he probably doesn't even know

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I smelled urine in a unkept Houston home... ahhahaahha

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

harden: no, chandler. you da real mvp.

13. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Like I said, Chandler Parsons always keeps it classy. Retire this man's jersey!

14. photojoe

photojoe Member

Man forget Parsons. He left and took the money, that is understandable. But on the way out he talked bad about our team, our coach, our owner and even about Houston.

Forget that.

I would much, much, much rather have Ariza (8.5) + Brewer (4.7) + Smith (2) for 15.2 million instead of Chandler Parsons for 14.7

15. downbytheriver

Parsons: "I'm the best SF in this series. Definitely."

Pretty much negates anything he says related to basketball. Maybe if fans wanted to know what hair gel to use.

16. ggeorge115

ggeorge115 Member

lol what? i'd really like him to comeback and play for us in the future but daaamn lol hope it was a sarcasm

17. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Wouldn't be suprised if he returns after 3 years for the MLE.

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

well what else do you expect when someone who couldnt score for sht in boston gets traded to your team and takes half of your shots? the message is clear: parsons wants out of dallas! ;)

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Parsons is so offended at this comment right now

20. MattM

MattM Member

Harden shouldn't have publicized his comment about Parsons being a replaceable role player, but he was right.

Great seeing him throw the ball away at the end of the game!

Great to see how bad of an investment it was for Dallas. I do like Parsons as a player but we called Cubans bluff and he took the bait. Haha.

Side note:
    I also remember when we were concerned about Dallas signing Rondo. I'm so glad we allowed Dallas to take on that one.