1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox/Marvel] Fantastic Four reboot

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by seclusion, Jan 27, 2015.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I didn't see this posted, so here's the trailer for the new Fantastic Four movie. While I thought the original 2 were pretty horrible, I have high hopes for this movie due to it being directed by Josh Trank (Chronicle -- which was great). I also really like all of the cast they've chosen and though I think they half assed it (making Johnny Storm black, but saying Susan Storm is an adopted white girl), I'm very comfortable with the changes made. Michael B. Jordan is a really good actor, looking forward to seeing him as Torch.

As for the trailer, I think they intentionally didn't show a lot. I like the tone much better than the incredibly cartoonish prior movies that completely chunked the source material. (Galactus is a clouddddd)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/e-BVs-KCSiA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Fox just can't let Marvel have its franchises back huh?

3. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

This looks to be much better. I'm a sucker for comics, i'll watch it.

4. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

While I agree with you, I'd give this one a shot.

5. 713

713 Member

Where's Wallace?

6. REEKO_HTOWN

Might as well have put Zach Effron in the movie too. Then they'd have the cast of That Awkward Moment.

This is a teen movie along the lines of Divergent and Teen Wolf now.

7. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

And you were able to draw that conclusion from watching that trailer?

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This film has had tons of problems already. I'm not expecting much. Didn't the director recently blast it on Twitter? My friend in the film biz says Fox is just looking to get this film out and be done with it.

9. 713

713 Member

Probably one of the best trailers I've seen in a long time. Doesn't give out to much since it's a teaser but it still made it compelling. The director has been very secretive with this film so alot of people were wary with this project but after finally seeing something I cannot wait for F4.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

A) that was a rumor due to lack of footage, it was also rumored that it was over budget, all of which has since been debunked. that rumor is very recent as well, from about 2 weeks ago.
    B) the director confirmed that they didn't release footage because he didn't want to -- he didn't want it spoiled. can you blame him based off the past 2 movies?
    c) well yeah, cus they didn't want to lose the rights to fantastic four.

11. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Horrible director. Not a very impressive looking cast. Probably will skip.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Was Chronicle a superhero movie or a really long commercial for Urban Outfitters?

13. REEKO_HTOWN

I watched it.

You know you can't draw anything from a teaser trailer. They're called teasers for a reason. Look I'm sure you like Divergent, Maze Runner, Hunger Games and that's cool but look at Marvel's other great movies and show me the kids in those movies. Those movies are going to grittier, more violent and better directed.

Sorry but all this movie needs is a soundtrack by Lorde to solidify its future. It won't be Lorde to it will be close.

14. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Trolling complete. He's a horrible director based off what? The one movie he's released that you apparently didn't like, yet received critical and commercial acclaim?

I guess that's why they've already signed him on for a sequel to FF2 and one of the new Star Wars spinoffs?

So, you agree you drew a conclusion based off of nothing? Do you want to try that again in english? For the record I haven't seen any of those movies except the first 2 Hunger Games, and both were good.

15. tallanvor

yes. his filmography.

Well that certainly proves he's a good director......

16. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

17. 713

713 Member

How is he a horrible director? His only movie was Chronicle which was beloved by critics. 85% RT

Disney wouldn't have given him his own standalone Star Wars movie if he was a "horrible director."

The lesser Mara sister was okay in House of Cards but the rest of the cast is the future of Hollywood. Miles Teller killed it in Whiplash and Michael B Jordan was amazing in Fruitvale and Friday Night Lights. The guy that is playing Doom was the lead on the best episode of Black Mirror.

This movie is a wait and see approach. For all we know this could be better than Avengers 2.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

Taylor Swift.

My money is there will be a main song by Taylor Swift.

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I think you mean cinematography, but being that you can discern a good director from a bad one I'm sure you knew that already. One movie doesn't determine whether someone is good or bad, but you obviously didn't like his prior film. That's your prerogative, but dismissing someone as awful after one movie (unless it was the worst ever) is ignorant.

20. tallanvor

no i mean filmography.

filmography- a list of films by one director or actor, or on one subject.

You don't have to be so defensive.

People keep throwing critic's opinions at me like I value them over my own. I watched Chronicle and it was as Reeko suggested, CWish and targeted at young teenagers (a demographic I despise).

#20 tallanvor, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015