1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crowd funding website for events only

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by got em COACH, Jan 13, 2015.

1. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

Trying to help my friend launch his new website. Its a crow funding website for events and party. No more having to worry about a budget when you are hosting a party. Friends , families, acquaintance, and even strangers can all help pitch in to make your party a success. Go check it out http://eventstash.fund

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ioaw9mjwfPE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Weird concept. I was under the assumption that the host of the party bears all the costs of the party usually. I guess the target market for this is the undergrad crowd.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Dumb. If you can't throw a party, then your poor a$$ shouldn't throw a party. Don't be mooching for money. :eek: Save your money and do something with your life instead of asking others to pay for your entertainment.

All these "donation" sites are dumb.

4. Mr. Brightside

In B4

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xc0CB6URrV0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. Mr. Brightside

This guy didn't need crowd funding for his party.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fSGQHbwqN3Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

I think its a good idea. Of course it is my opinion. A friend of mine could have use this a while back when he was throwing a bachelor party for his friend. He had hired some strippers and ask everyone to chip in $10 to cover the strippers. That night he was short and everybody show up. THis website would have solve his dilemma

7. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

There should be one for people needing legal help.

8. SwoLy-D

No, it wouldn't have. You think a website is going to force cheapskates to stop being cheapskates?

There is a misconception that "it's so easy because it's on the web." :eek:

He should have had the money BEFORE hiring the strippers. Do people nowadays NOT use their brains, or something? :confused:

9. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

wow, i came up with a similar concept last year and was planning to do something with it...

oh well :eek:

10. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

this is the way i feel about most gatherings. bday parties, baby showers, weddings, etc...if you're throwing it you pay for it. as a guest i shouldn't be expected to hand over cash or gift. i have no problem bringing a six pack or dish though.

11. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

On a similar note, my brother is working on a crowd funding start-up for local businesses. Check it out here.

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Sharing is the new millennial thing. although it probably started a long time ago with the time shares. It's a big change in process for business models and social networks. I think this sharing of event costs will catch on and become the norm. It lessens the load and reduces the cost. for those Gatsby's out there they can still go extravagant, but think people in general are just looking to be happy and have a good time, and a small fee isn't too much to ask. some pains, as someone will always complain they didn't get there money worth, but generally just replacing one complaint with another.

13. marky :)

marky :) Member

No one knows the concept of potluck and BYOB? :confused:

14. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I see what you're saying but on the other hand if you have a friend who is about to get married or about to have a baby but no one person can afford to throw a party themselves, then either that person just didn't get a party thrown for them (not the end of the world but still sucks) or you have a platform such as this where you make it possible.

15. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

I think there is a website called Crowdtilt or something and there definitely is an app called Venmo you can use to collect and charge money from people. These would have been invaluable while trying to schedule fraternity parties back in college instead of hounding money from people.

Post-grad people can use this to book a limo, party bus, or pedal party, etc.

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Clutch Community is accepting donations.

NOT! :)

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I've already seen this South Park episode.

18. SwoLy-D

These will be popular again with Super Bowl... :rolleyes:

If you can't throw a party and want people to bring something, just say so.

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

This is just a more organized way of organizing a BYOB or potluck event.
    Seriously, I've never understood the whole "host should incur all costs and fees" thing. Its seriously unachievable for poor people unless you want a ****ty party.

Yeah host might need to front the bulk of the bill but is it really too much to ask for guests to contribute a little bit? The only real moochers are these so called guests you are picturing that just walk into a party and contribute nothing.

20. SwoLy-D

^^ AGAIN, don't throw a party or don't plan to host one if you don't have money. If you're struggling to make ends meet, why would you party? That's like me wanting to drive a Mercedes when I can't even afford to buy Ramen Noodles. :eek:

Asking to contribute a little bit isn't a big deal. It's having to put all that iSht online or forcing them to log in, write crap, holding them responsible for stuff that should already be accounted for, etc.

This is only fair if it rotates amongst all the people who are guests... have it one time at someone's house, next month, week or year at someone else's... etc., etc. That would be fair.