1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else excited for Nick Diaz Vs Anderson Silva?

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by paulnhbtx, Dec 23, 2014.

?

anyone excited for this fight?

Poll closed Feb 21, 2015.
  1. YES

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. NO

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I DONT WATCH MMA WHO IS NICK DIAZ

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

gonna be a good fight

too bad Silva is old now and Nick hasn't won a fight since Penn

3. body slam

body slam Member

No!

Diaz is clowns and a wanna be (so is his brother) and to quote Chael Sonnen "Silva Sucks".

4. dragician

dragician Member

Diaz fights suck!

5. Panda23

Panda23 Member

from the mind that brought you 'lebron is a nerd'

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Silva doesnt suck... he is arguably one of the greatest fighters in the history of mankind

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

I hope Silva kicks his ass.

8. body slam

body slam Member

He was one of the greatest fighters in history. Beating Diaz proves nothing.

9. Beavis Stiffler

If Anderson wins by KO, I think he deserves another rematch against Chris Weidman.

I also want to see Nick Diaz fight CM Punk. Now that's going to be a lot hype and exposure for this matchup much like the rivalry between Frank Mir and Brock Lesnar.

10. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

Diaz would murder CM Punk..

11. body slam

body slam Member

He needs to do more than beat a overrated welter weight fighter to deserve another middle weight title shot. Plus Weidman already has two clean wins on him.

In my opinion the best thing to do is keep Silva out of the middle weight title picture. Have him move up to light heavy weight or use him for dream fights. He has enough drawing power with his name that he does not need a title to make the UFC money.

12. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

If you think nick diaz is overrated you know nothing about martial arts. He is one of the few real martial artists left that goes in to fight for the finish..

13. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Even if Anderson wins I think he is going to fight a few more times before he gets another crack at Weidman. I think Weidman will lose his belt before Silva could potentially get the rematch. Something about Weidman tells me he is going get caught soon.

Dana will protect Punk as long as he is bringing in that WWE fanbase and their $$$. There is a no way a 36 year old with very limited experience and no real fights under his belt is going to beat any top 20 fighter in any weight class. Hell, I'll bet Rousey would smoke CM Punk without breaking a sweat in the octagon.

14. paulnhbtx

paulnhbtx Member

he didn't protect Brock..

15. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/a96wsNbizDQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Maybe I'm alone on this but I don't care about this fight.
    TBH I wish the fight wasn't even happening.

I have no love for either of the Diaz brothers.

I am a huge Spider fan and have not missed a fight of his in goodness knows how long but I won't watch this one. I wish he retired after the last Weidman fight. I'd rather he and Hendo just call it a career and bask in their greatness and let us fans remember them as how they were.

(Or maybe it's just the leg and the last Weidman fight that have effed up my mind).

17. omgTHEpotential

Not against Silva apparently. :confused:

18. 713

713 Member

Anderson Silva, Nick Diaz both fail UFC 183 drug screens..

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-c...ck-diaz-both-fail-drug-screens-020257874.html

Silva failed for steroids while Diaz failed for weed.

19. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>THIS JUST IN: Anderson Silva tests positive for the steroid Drostanolone before his fight with Nick Diaz at UFC 183. <a href="http://t.co/wKvJQDZmIM">pic.twitter.com/wKvJQDZmIM</a></p>&mdash; SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) <a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/562795296976302080">February 4, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>