1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kenny Smith on INSIDE THE NBA told Rockets to get new uniforms. GO KENNY!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bballfanatic, Dec 23, 1999.

1. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

Thank you, Kenny Smith! If only Les Alexander would spring for new uniforms. I'm telling yall bring back the Rocket Red and we will win.

Kenny said our uniforms look like pajamas and we should go back to the traditional ones cus we WON WITH THEM.

Just out of tradition, I would like to go back to the old colors but not with the old logo. Modify the current one maybe. Red is a winner.

Even the Raptors have changed their kiddy uniforms for more traditional ones.

This is a big issue for me, although I know it isn't really a huge factor in wins and losses. Anyone else?

2. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

Yes Kenny you the man!

The Hawks, Raptors, Heat and Lakers all changed their uniforms this season!

Too bad, it takes 22 months to apply for the uniform change, and the deadline to apply this season is the end of the year, only several days left. Even Les applies for it now it will arrive in the 2001-2002 season. [​IMG]

3. alaskansnowman

Why the hell does it take so long to get new uniforms???

I love our logo right now. I hope we keep that cool mean-lookin rocket that's flying around that basketball. But the pinstripes just suck. Keep, the logo, get rid of the damn pinstripes.

Ever since we got new uniforms, we've had bad luck.

4. CaucasionSensation

5. brahma rocket

brahma rocket Member

rocketeer time to make some new jerseys.

6. Steve_Francis_rules

How can you possibly say that the rockets have nice uniforms? They are terrible. I think the rockets should revert to their old uniforms. Kenny Smith is the man. Bring him back and let him back up Stevie at the point!

7. CaucasionSensation

Bring back Sam Cassel instead. Forget Kenny the Jet.

8. RocketHead2

RocketHead2 Member

Williams is wrong. We have the second worst uniforms in the league. Instead of a cartoon Rocket, Toronto has a cartoon dinosaur.

Of course Im partial to the old uniforms as I have the old logo tatooed on the back of my head.

[This message has been edited by RocketHead2 (edited December 24, 1999).]

9. CaucasionSensation

Yup Barney on a jersey does sound unappealing. Seriously what about the Clippers though, they have worst name, and the dullest blood clot color uniforms.

Give me the old jerseys in:

Away: Black dominant, Gold lettering, white pinstripe or no pinstripe.

Home: White dominant and basically the same as they used to be.

When in the heck did those nimrods who did the redesign decide that Blue would look good with all this stuff. They should have added black instead.

10. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I would take the old astros unis over these pj's anyday, but I think the all time ugly's have to be a tie with the New York Islanders and the Vancouver Cannucks jerseys from the seventies(the new ones are in the top 20 of ugly unis also) Rockets come a close second.

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

11. BornRocketRed

BornRocketRed Member

'nough said...

like the mean rocket, though. I thought the wallpaper of Steve Francis in a possible red uniform looked sharp

12. 2Sandwiches

2Sandwiches Guest

everything about our uniforms suck

i especially dont like the shorts, ICK
    if the rocks end up moving, i doubt les will bother to change the uniforms, but maybe he'll come to his senses after this season

but pleaaaaaz, no uniforms with those ugly sleeves on them! They look like practice jerseys!

Well, time for bed now. I guess I'll hop into my Clyde Drexler nightie

Merry Christmas everyone!

13. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Thats why we aren't winning anymore. No more "Rockets Red Glare."

'nuff said.

------------------
    Proud Cheerleader 'til we move to New Orleans

14. Dish Dude

Dish Dude New Member

I agree. I ve felt this way since they completed the first year with the new uni(s). We win 2 titles in a row,then they go to those ugly outfits. Bring back the red and gold! The banners (championship) are in the old colors. Will the only other banners to hang at Compac continue only be for the Comets,or can the fellas follow the lead of the ladies?

------------------

Dish Dude gots game

15. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

Red and Gold! Winners colors.

Dominant red.

Come on, Les! Pull a little dough out of the pocket and change the uniforms for this new team.

A scheme like those warm up jackets is pretty nice though. Too bad those aren't the jerseys.

16. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

No red and gold... those are the niners colors and I cant stand anyone who likes them, sorry but those are the ugliest combo of colors I have ever seen. I am for just simplifying our current jerseys like the wallpapers, Rocketeer did.

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

17. 2Sandwiches

2Sandwiches Guest

whatever, we just have to get rid of the blue.

18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. We lost ever since we lost that red and white and gold. fine we can change the color of the yellow to gold and maybe the numbers and letters that said rockets to silver but take off the logo in th emi ddle and put their numbers in the center. and the stripes i dunno that can be questioned. we look l ike a joke we will play like a joke. Everyone e-mail Senior Alexander and wake him up

19. 2Sandwiches

2Sandwiches Guest

DAMNIT! I went to the rockets website and sent les some "Fan Mail" and was begging him to get us some new uniforms. pretty long letter too, and when i tried to submit it there was a CONNECTION FAILURE! I hate when that happens!

------------------
    "I definetely envision my whole career here. I envision moving from my small house to a mansion somewhere in River Oaks.One day, I'll have a big, old house.My baby Rottweiler will be a big dog.I'll start and finish my career like Dream."
    STEVE FRANCIS IS OURS FOR KEEPS BABY!

20. CBrownFanClub

CBrownFanClub Contributing Member

Even if we had gorgeous uniforms, you do not change them in the midst of a championship run. How stupid is that?

As it happens, our old ones rule. Picture Hakeem in that red and gold. . .breathtaking.

CBrownFanClub

ps. The Chucky Brown Fan Club has always officially endorsed Keny Smith. Kenny Smith has unofficially endorsed the Fan Club.

pps. The CBFC is is dire straits, as Cbrown went from starting to DNP - CD on Christmas Friggin Day. Belive you me, Greg Popvich is getting an earful Monday Night.

Thanks for your attention. Back to our regularly scheduled discussion.

Bring back the old uniforms.