1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chad Ford Mock Draft 4.0

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by J.R., Jun 8, 2011.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

CFMD4.0

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Biyombo reminds me Whiteside from last year. He was the sexy athletic bigman who ended up slipping far. We'll see what happens with him.

3. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Thanks for posting. Appreciate it.

Biyombo at #14 sounds good to me.

I haven't watched him enough to get a clear view, but from what I've seen he sure is a NBA player.

Jonathan Givony was asked on the radio a few days ago which players of this draft class eventually would become All-Stars.
    I'd probably disagree, but he went with Irving and Biyombo.

4. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I don't know if Biyombo and Whiteside have the same motor. Word is Biyombo's motor is off the charts.

5. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

The big difference between Whiteside and Biyombo is that the first has no motor while the second is a working horse.

I doubt he'll be around for 14 though, but if he is, he is my man.

6. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

This ^

I was really high on Whiteside, last year... But yeah I agree, Biyombo's motor is in a different stratosphere.

Biyombo's grasp on the game is amazing as well, specially given the amount of exposure he's had to the game. In reference point, this kid first picked up a basketball, when the Rockets where playing the Jazz in the 2007 playoffs. And now 5 yrs later his about to be a lottery pick... :eek:

7. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

No way man, Whiteside was a super skinny player that had played against very mediocre competition in college -- Biyombo is built like a football player and has been playing in the relatively impressive Spanish league.

I would be absolutely ecstatic if the Bismack falls to 14. This guy has the the natural skill to be a great post player and is already a great defensive player. you let McHale work with him this guy could be the best post player in the league eventually.

8. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

is Biyombo 19 or 25?

Although it prob doesnt matter too much, my guess is somewhere in between.

Would be excited if we got him at 14 but doubt it.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

His grasp of the game is likely to propel his position in the draft. I doubt if he will last as far as the 14th pick.

10. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

"He was introduced to basketball in high school. Two weeks after he was on the national team."

11. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

There is no way on this planet the $Balls will take an 18 year old Biyombo over a 4 year college player in Fredette if both are still on the board at 14. Not going to happen.

1 person likes this.
  12. valorita

valorita Member

Morey said that our only hope to break through the glass ceiling is to draft or trade. I'm wondering if this year he's going to go for the 3 highest upside players available at our draft spot or traded draft spot instead of just going for the bpa.
    They like to look at a 3 year window for players.
    What are the tiers looking like this year?

Tier 1.5
    Irving, Williams

Tier 2
    Kanter, Knight

Tier 2.5
    Vesely, Walker, etc...

13. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

check one thing

I'm fine with Biyombo as along as somebody can prove to me that Malick Badiane is alive and hasn't had a name change in the last couple years....

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I think Donte Greene was bust pick on Morey's part, especially since Buford and Pritchard were slobbering over Batum. Neither Greene nor Dorsey have worked out at all. I know it's a moot point since we made the decision to trade for Artest, but Morey obviously had his eye on the wrong prospects. Even Darrell Arthur, a Rocket for about two seconds, worked out better than his guys.

16. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I'm glad to see Biyombo and Valanciunas slipping on draft boards. Makes me wonder if we have a shot at either. I tend to believe now like others that Motiejunas may not be worth anything.

But it's a huge misconception that Biyombo is your "traditional" African big man with "little exposure" to the game. Really Ibaka is a great comparison; Biyombo by Draftexpress accounts has been studying the game for longer than most people think, and he's focused heavily on defense and rebounding. Like Ibaka, he will be capable of playing center for stretches, and he will be a blocking machine in the process. It doesn't really matter if he's 18 or 21 (just not 25!).

The second guy, Valanciunas, I personally see as being better than Kanter. He's tough, and yeah he'll take some time to grow, but he's got the highest ceiling of all the players outside the top 2 with none of the red flags you look for in a European big man. If he slips to 8 like this mock says, we should do everything possible to pounce in and nab him. Once the Rockets gave up an 8 to get a veteran. Can they do the opposite this time?

17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This. Biyombo is too raw and has not shown enough, I suspect, for Morey to be able to project his NBA career.

I would be very surprised if Morey drafts (and then keeps) Biyombo.

18. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Tip jar bet?

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

That if both Fredette and Biyombo are available when the Rockets pick (whatever pick it's at), Morey would pick Freddette over Biyombo? Sure, you are on. $20?

My guess is neither of us will win since most likely Biyombo is gone by the time the Rockets pick (probably can't move high enough to grab him) and Fredette might be, too. So, they won't have a choice as far as our bet goes.

Can't see why Morey wouldn't pick Beyondbo. Whatever his age, the guy played productively in Spain against grown men. Whatever Fredette's achievements, it seems the Rockets are well-stocked at guard and he isn't significantly above the level of all the others who may be available at that range.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well about the only knock about him is this insane rumor he's already 25 years old. The other poster's right, with his body Biyombo doesn't really need to develop anymore, if he's anywhere from 18-22 I think he's just about the best prospect big man in this draft: off the chart motor, already developed NBA physique, and healthy as an ox. If he's already 25 though that's an entirely differnet matter, he'll be a competent NBA player when he's what, 30 years old and on the decline? lol