1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Scowlled Man - Kendrick Perkins

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by kpopy, Mar 6, 2011.

1. kpopy

kpopy Member

I don't like reading long articles and the ones which tout a specific player in this league, but I can't help to finish this article -
    OKC Thunder's Kendrick Perkins has gone from altar boy to NBA enforcer

"The big guy who the Oklahoma City Thunder expects to patrol the paint with a scowl and guard the goal with a forearm if necessary hasn't always had such a hard edge.

Meet Kendrick Perkins, altar boy..."

Really hope all of our guys can play with the similar mindset - always being humble and grateful to every single minute on the floor.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Read that last night. I'm wondering if Perkins just being on the bench is affecting the Thunder already. He's quite animated and their defensive intensity has gone up noticeably. Will be interesting when he starts to play. With Nazr starting at C and Ibaka at PF, Ibaka really seems a lot more comfortable. He's been rebounding better and can roam more to block more shots. His jumper has been off but that will change. I expect he will move into double-figure scoring and stay there.

Also seems like Jeff Green's removal has caused James Harden to raise his game and he's been attacking the rim much more.

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Thanks for posting this. A very sad article but he overcame the odds.

Good article to read.

4. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Too bad we couldn't trade for him. That's the type of big I want playing on our team.