1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

List Your Traffic Violations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Mine:

1997: Seat Belt

2005: Running a Stop Sign

2006: Speeding

2. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

94: Speeding
    95: Speeding
    96: Running Stop Sign
    97: Speeding X 2
    98: Inspection Sticker and Speeding

98-2007 nothing. I grew up and slowed down. My wife says I drive like a grandpa.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have tickets from when I was young, but they were all trumped up allegations from "The Man"

I am innocent....INNOCENT...I tell ya !

DD

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Summer 2006: Failure to make a complete stop. My only ticket in my 5 years of driving. So stupid...it was the entrance to my neighborhood, a stop sign where everyone and their mother makes a rolling stop. The cop was just waiting for me. Argh.

5. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

2005 - speeding 95/70
    2006 - speeding 85/70

i hate I-10 and 71

6. Sextuple Double

2007 - parking violations x2

one in a sweep zone, the other i parked on the wrong side of the street.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I once got stopped in my neighborhood for no front plate. The house I was pulled over by had a 5th generation Corvette in the driveway. It had no front plate.

I threw a fit, I mean at least give me a damn warning. He was in my neighborhood poaching making me look like a criminal. Anyways I destroyed that mofo in court. Hopefully he thinks twice before dishing out no front plate tickets.

Seriously get that damn law abolished. Its a joke.

8. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

2002: Speeding 40/30 (cop was planted directly after a 35 to 30 limit drop...ass)
    2003: Speeding 70/60 (directly after smoking some jerk in a mustang that wouldn't stop revving at me...i was going about 120 but put the breaks on hard coming over an overpass and the cop was on the other side...didn't quite slow down enough lol)
    2004: Speeding 90/65 (received while driving with the Gumball Rally as it passed through Houston. we were actually going faster but caught a break)

That's all. I don't drive so fast anymore.

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I've been to the States and I rarely, if ever saw a car with a front license plate (I think I was 12 then). The parents of the place I was staying in said that theyy just had the licence plate wrapped up in the glove compartement so if a policeman pulls them over they'll say they were on their way to get it done.

Don't even know why they bother with it, the car looks nicer without it anyway.

11. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

Zero to date. Only one girl I plowed on the way to class one day (figuratively speaking of course) in 2005.

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

1977 - Careless and imprudent driving by spinning tires, sliding sideways causing operator of another motor vehicle to dodge accident. (I was doing a burn out leaving school on the first day of getting my 69 Camaro SS/RS and it got away from me).
    1977 - Speeding
    1978/79 - I racked up $485 in parking tickets at Iowa State - still unpaid. I can't get my 0.9 gpa transcripts until I pay them. I think I'll pass - and that's not what the profs said.
    1980 Headlight out (warning)
    1982 Running a stop sign (rolling "stop")
    1983 Running a stop sign (rolling "stop")
    1987 Speeding

13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

All my tickets have been out of date registration, but I have always had them dismissed simply by updating the registration.

14. IVFL

IVFL Member

1995 Driving without insurance, that my parents forgot to tell me they had taken off my vehical when I graduated. . . . . . . .
    1996 Somthing in a 75. . . . . . . the speed limit had just been upped to 75, the cop was under an overpass at nigh, at the bottom of a hill I might add, behind one of the pillars. He followed me so closely I lost sight of his head lights in my rear view. That wouldn't be too concerning if he had not done it for 5 minutes. Plus he had a real attitude about him.

1st question, "Do you know how fast you were going?
    response: I don't know, about 79
    few questions later " Do you know how fast you were going?
    Response, I don't know around 75
    few questions later " Do you know how fast you were going?"
    Response about 78

He States "Well IVFL, you I have asked you three different times how fast you were going and gotten three different answers from you, when are you going to tell me the truth."

Being young and in college I responded with. Why don't you take all three answers and average them, I bet thats how fast I was going.

He never put how fast I was going on the ticket, odd.

As you can tell I am a bit jaded.

15. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

1998 - Failure to Maintain lane position (caused an accident)
    1999 - Speeding - 79 in a 60
    2001 - Speeding - 45 in a 30
    2002 - Expired inspection sticker and no tail lights
    2004 - Speeding - 41 in a 30

I feel like I'm forgetting something, but I don't know.

16. WWR

WWR Member

Just STUPID parking tickets from SHSU's meter maids. :cool:

17. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Clutch, you might want to beef up the server before Fatty sees this one. :p

18. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

You'd think that wouldn't even be an issue with all the escaping convicts around :)

19. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Too many to count...last one was running a stop sign 3 blocks from my house in 2004.

20. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

'98: Speeding: 45/20 (was going same speed as school bus so didn't think school zone)
    '99: Speeding: 45/30
    '02: Speeding: 70/55
    '02: Speeding: 77/70
    '03: Speeding: 37/30
    '03: Speeding: 35/30
    '04: Failure to maintain control (basically just crappy tires...I hit the brakes on a rainy day going 35 on my 2nd day at a new job, and my car slid about 50ish feet into another one..)
    '04: Speeding: 72/55
    '06: Speeding: 75/55 = Reckless out here...got it reduced to 74/55
    '06: Windows tinted too high (tinted to the Texas limits...which are way higher than Virginia's), but that got dropped

a few random parking tickets...probably about 3 or 4 on the UT campus when I was there, 1 real one out in the DC area

holy crap, listing it out makes it look a hell of a lot worse than i thought.

edit: i was so thankful for deferred adjudication in TX.. nothing like that (or defensive driving to make the ticket disappear) in this area.. plus radar detectors are illegal in VA, not that i've ever had one.