1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movies] "Batman Begins" is the best comic book movie of all time. Easily.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rasselas, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Jesus. Oh, sweet Jesus.

Tonight I caught a critics' screening for "Batman Begins."

It's better than the original Batman. Better than Superman. Easily better than both Spidermans. Better than the X-Mens. Not only is it the best comic book movie ever, it might just be the best movie we'll see this year. It might get a Best Picture nod. For real.

[Only the mildest of Spoilers]

The tone is right on the mark: dark, brooding, realistic. The origin story is AMAZING. It clicks. We learn why, and how, he assumes the Bat persona, how he gets his gadgets, why he can fight like a ninja, etc. It's just a thing of beauty.

Top-notch acting (except maybe Katie Holmes), a story with a payoff, wonderful supporting characters (particularly Alfred), and a torn, haunted Bruce Wayne..... man oh man, it's just great.

Chris Nolan knocked this sucker out of the park.

Damn. I can't wait to see it again on opening day. And I can't wait until everyone else sees it, so we can all geek out in a 5 page thread.

2. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I was already looking forward to it, and after seeing this 10-minute preview

http://www.alldumb.com/item/11885/

I'm really, really looking forward to it.

Still looks like the kind of Batman movie I've wanted to see since...well, Burton's Batman (mostly) did it.

Should be great.

3. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Anyone ever seen the Kevin Smith film school tours that he has done that air on HBO or Sundance channels?? Was this the Batman that he started to work on and then quit because it was going in the wrong direction??

4. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Fly ******, fly!!!

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I believe that was Superman.

Hey Rasselas, can I post your review at Superhero Hype's message board? Should I use your real name and tell them what sites you do reviews for? Or are you going to write an official one and should I wait for that since I believe there is like an official review embargo until a certain date.

6. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Oski,

Please don't use my real name. That would be bad. (Conflict of interest with the site that I write for.) Plus the embargo. But feel free to post my comments as an anonymous reviewer.

7. Oski2005

All right, completely anonymous.

8. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Ya I was pumped / pissed when I was watching a fairly recent Batman cartoon and it showed Briuce Wayne visiting his old master and doing moves that we very often did in Aikido class.

In fact his master looked a lot like Ueshiba.

I wasa thinking, why can't they make a movie that has this?!

9. Oski2005

Ok, posted, but now I'm being begged to ask you to give a review of the fight scenes.

10. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Yeah, I definitey have high hopes for this movie...IMO Caine makes a perfect Alfred, and Bale is simply a well thought out choice for the role of the young Wayne. Burton did a solid job with the first two Batman movies (although I could never really accept Keaton as Batman) and I thought the 2nd one was the more polished of the first 2...but man, do I truly despise Joel Shmuckmaker...he completely made the rest of the Batman movies a joke...all the villians were essentially of the same thread, and the movie's action was always covered behind a visual noise of cacophony. Anyways, I'm eagerly waiting for Batman Begin and I wouldn't be surprised at all if it is like what Rasselas, possibly the best comic book movie made.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Good to hear. We are going to the premiere of the movie in Germany on June 15. All the main actors, director, etc. will be there. We will also attend the premiere party afterwards where they should also be present. Looking forward to it. I have never seen any Batman, Spiderman or Superman movie before, so I have nothing to compare it to...

12. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

Lucky b*stard! ;)

13. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Katie Holmes is hoHT. - Pedro

14. Oski2005

Ebert and Roeper gave two thumbs way up.