1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Cologne

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Dec 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Asian Sensation

What is this 1995? Might as well throw in Tommy and Polo sport in there. #tbt

2. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

Thanks a bunch for the suggestions bro, ive been lurking this thread for a while now and i always enjoy reading your comments\tips. Cant wait to go check out your suggestions myself.

Would you have any recommendations that would be ideal in our summer heat?

3. Asian Sensation

I have the whole YSL line. Quality stuff. However, La Nuit is more of a cold/fall/winter scent

Here's my all-time favorite especially for warm sunny spring/summer weather. You're welcome.

[​IMG]

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Yup, that would've definitely been one of my recommendations. It's very similar at the top to Versace Pour Homme, but dries down creamier where VPH stays sharper/fresher. You can get VPH a lot cheaper online (don't ever buy Chanel online bc they aren't discounted and there's a ton of fakes), so I'd try both and see which one you prefer.

Some other solid summer-day/professional scents worth checking out are the original YSL L'Homme, Bleu de Chanel, Terre d'Hermes, Gucci Pour Homme II, Chanel Platinum Egoiste, and Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. You can get free samples of all of these at Sephora or Nordstrom. Definitely try to sample on skin before buying a bottle.

If you want a couple super-cheapies that are good for casual summer days, check out Nautica Voyage and Tommy Bahama Set Sail St. Barts. Both can be had for $20/3.4oz at TJMaxx/Marshalls/Ross. People sleep on the Nautica bc of the name, but Voyage gets surprisingly good longevity for an aquatic and girls really like it. TB Set Sail St. Barts simply smells like a vacation in a bottle (margarita on the beach), similar to Creed Virgin Island Water.

5. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Anybody have opinions about Versace Pour Homme or Bvlgari Aqua?

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

My fellow Clutchfanners. I ran out of cologne, am resorting to using the small 4ml samples in a fragrance gift box I got from Sephora as of right now. I really got good mileage using Versace Man, I do want to re up on it, however I'd like to get me a couple more different fragrances just to mix it up for different occasions (i.e. work, nightlife, special events, etc.)

Any suggestions? Obviously will try them out in a store before I buy, really looking for a point in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

7. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Go to Crystal Flacon forums if you're interested in trying out fragrances. There are many vendors selling decants of everything you could ever want to try. This allows you to try and keep many niche and designer fragrances without making a huge investment into a bottle.

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Here's one that is surprisingly affordable... Lomani AB Silver. Its a "clone" of Creed Aventus, and while some feel it is too "synthetic" but I compared it to Aventus and it is close enough to spend $25 versus $200-300.

As a bonus comes in a nice metal box and the bottle is a nice presentation as well.

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Versace Man Eau Fraiche is nice, but it's more of a summer fragrance. With the colder weather coming up (and in a similar price range), I'd check out Thierry Mugler Pure Malt/Pure Havane, Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense/Dior Homme Eau for Men, Hanae Mori HiM/HM, and Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb.

If you want to spend a little more, then take a look at Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille/Tuscan Leather/Oud Wood, Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain, By Kilian Straight to Heaven, and Frederic Malle Musc Ravageur.

Can confirm. Aventus is one of my favorites, but AB Silver is pretty close.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Creed , original formula

11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Bump. Haven't been here in a while. any new interest here? Aventus is still my 'signature' scent, but been wearing the Tom Ford's a lot since the weather has turned. Mostly Tobacco Vanille, Tuscan Leather, Oud Wood, and Noir de Noir.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Woah. It's been such a long time. I knew the second this thread was bumped it would be you. All that sounds great! I've Been wearing spicebomb again lately.

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Got a bottle of Spicebomb recently but haven't been wearing it much, even though I really enjoy it. Seems like I keep reaching for the same few every time, unless I make it a point to wear something different. Basically it's Aventus and Green Irish Tweed during the days and Pure Malt/Dior Homme Intense/and the Tom Ford's at night.

14. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I ended up buying Burberry touch, Versace man, Hugo Boss xy and Tom ford Tuscan leather

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Interesting range lol... a few $30 bottles and a $300 bottle at the end. Tuscan Leather is so sick though... def smells like coke. It's a bit too loud though, so I got a bottle of Dueto Golden Boy which smells almost exactly the same but is a bit more tame.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I got 2 bottles stolen out of my bag at work a few weeks ago. Sigh

17. dmc89

dmc89 Member

Wore Black Afgano by Nasomatto. The barrista at my local coffee shop kept trying to smell me. Said I smelled "sexy". Made my day. :)

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

that's some expensive stuff... still have yet to smell any Nasomatto's but have heard great things about BA and Pardon

19. dmc89

dmc89 Member

It is, but not as bad as my vaulted fragrances from Creed or Xerjoff bottles. Go to Kulh-Linscomb. They had some a few years back. Barneys New York carries the line, however the Dallas store closed so KL should be your best bet for a local sample.

1 person likes this.
  20. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

[​IMG] only the best