1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What the rockets should do with their second round pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tsutigers93, Jun 19, 2003.

Tags:
  1. tsutigers93

tsutigers93 Member

With the second round pick the rockets most likely will have the opportunity to draft a local talent in Ndudi Ebi. The pick won't be popular because he won't contribute right away. The fans want the rockets to make the playoff as should be, but what will help them contend for a title three years from now and develop into a dominating force in the west. Ndudi has the potential to be a star, as with any player there isn't a gurantee he will live up to that. I would bet my money on the Highschool kid rather than any senior in college, because most seem to feel obligated to living up to expectations and justifing their decision for not attending college. Most of the highschool kids (not all) have become stars or good players and all have positive role models and trouble free except for one (the kid dallas drafted a couple years ago.) Hopefully Rockets don't drop the ball again, if they have the opportunity to draft Ndudi Ebi and keep the talent local.

2. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

i would rather see kendrick perkins if he stays in the draft and falls that low.

3. coma

coma Contributing Member

I read that the Mavericks are very interested in Perkins.

4. tsutigers93

tsutigers93 Member

Perkins reminds me of another local Texas player from Fort Worth. Oliver Miller. (Weight problem and not too athletic just like Miller and Perkins is only 6'10 powerforward. He hasn't look that impressive against other highschool player to me. )

5. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

ESPN is stating that he has declared for the draft and Memphis coached confirmed it today saying perkins is entering the draft for sure and not playing college ball

6. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

There is no way Ebi falls to us but I think there is a chance that Perkins may. If he does I think we should draft him and keep him on our bench and/or IR for at least a few years. However, I think it is possible that he can prove himself to be another Kelvin Cato at pf giving us the bruising forward we've needed for so long.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

second round draft picks are a crap shoot...this is why JVG and scouts get paid...i wouldn't begin to guess who they should take...i really don't know.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

almost every mock draft I've seen has Ebi going in the late first round

9. tsutigers93

tsutigers93 Member

Rocket could move up to the late first round because there is always a team looking to dump salary by not having to pay a rookie. Could be Dallas or San Antonio, who want to save their cap room for a FA. Not sure why people like Perkins, if you have seen him play. He didn't dominate this year in his own state. Wasn't the force Bosh was at Lincoln H.S. his senior year. I hope rockets stay away from Perkins.

10. bottlerocket

bottlerocket Member

Trade it and try to move up next year.

This years draft blows!

11. TheHorns

TheHorns Member

Marquis Daniels - Auburn

12. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you sure Ebi decided to declare for the draft, I don't see him on the board at all on nbadraft.net.

13. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

He is not sure if he is entering yet. Chances are he will enter the draft. No way in hell he slips to us.

14. NJRockFan

NJRockFan Contributing Member

actually, i read an article saying that the suns spoke to Lute Olsen and said the Ebi isn't ready for the NBA. Ebi and his family are deciding whether he should stay in the draft or go to Arizona. My guess is he goes back to Arizona.

15. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

#15 RIET, Jun 19, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2003
  16. DoitDickau

DoitDickau Contributing Member

EBI is in the draft. today was the last chance to pull out

17. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Fox news has just reported that Ebi has decided to stay in the draft.

18. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

we could take a flier on Hollis price. The league always needs shooters. However, he looks too much like shawn respert to me. But it's a 2nd rounder. why not.

19. Maryland Terps

James Lang.

Central Park Christian School - Birmingham, AL
    Power Forward - 6'10 - 305 Pounds

James Lang is a force to be wreckoned with at 6’10 and 305 pounds. Don’t let his size fool you though as he is known for his explosiveness around the basket. Lang plays with a tenacity that coaches beg for in a big man as he averaged 17 points and 10 rebounds per game during his junior season. James committed himself over the summer and dropped 70 pounds to become more elusive on the court. He has no problem running the floor and his stamina keeps on improving. Lang has been the MVP at numerous tournaments and is the Rivals.com No. 1 prospect in the Southeast. Lang is an exceptional rebounder especially on the offensive side of the ball.

20. YoYao

YoYao Member

just draft whoever to carry the bag for the team