1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Obama Team Wanted "Horrific" Wall Street Headlines

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by El_Conquistador, Sep 17, 2008.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

How sad is it when you have a campaign openly rooting for Wall Street's collapse? The Obama campaign apparently believes that they benefit from bad news. The sad reality is that Obama's response to this financial crisis is simply to raise taxes and limit free trade -- hardly relief. What a pathetic joke Obama has become. I'm glad he got called out for openly rooting against the American economy and Americans' nest eggs... Country first? Hardly for Obama...

http://media.newsbusters.org/storie...am-wanted-horrific-wall-street-headlines.html

Transcript from CNN:
    DAVID GERGEN, CNN SENIOR POLITICAL ANALYST: But what happened over the weekend with the economy and the bottom falling out of the financial markets -- and we have been saying for some time on this program this is the worst financial crisis since the Depression -- Alan Greenspan said on Sunday the worst economic situation he's seen -- it seems to me that there's a real turning point now, that that momentum on McCain's side is likely to fade. And there is the opportunity for Obama to seize the momentum back on his side. I don't know if he's going to do it or not. He is trying. McCain has an opportunity here as well. But there's no question right now that this -- this really dark economic situation is now going to be -- is going to really -- is going to, I think, blot out a lot of this question about who -- the backing-and-forthing and the advertising, and focus on the issues.

ANDERSON COOPER, HOST: Right.

GERGEN: And that's what -- that's what Obama has wanted to do. He's now got the opportunity.

I think, personally, he's got the critique down, but he still hasn't provided a message about what he would do, nor has he really surrounded himself, in the way he needs to, with the Bob Rubins and the Paul Volckers and the Larry Summers and Laura Tysons, and have them as a tight unit. I think he still has to do that.

COOPER: Candy, no doubt -- very quickly -- on the campaign trail, it obviously played a big role today. You anticipate, in the days ahead, issue number one, it's going to be front and center?

CANDY CROWLEY, CNN: Oh, absolutely.

I mean, listen, just as foreclosures were showing up on B-17, or in the real estate section, along comes this horrific headline out of Wall Street.

COOPER: Right.

CROWLEY: I mean, this is what they wanted. They believe, of course, that the economy is one of their strengths and that they can paint John McCain as George Bush.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Poor Jorge. A decimated portfolio (I can assure he has been long financials and energy the last few months) and no electricity, and the result is this weak effort from his blackberry before it juices down.

SOOO SADDDDD.

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I agree. Besides an intentionally misleading thread title and intentionally absurd interpretation of the discussion of third parties, there's really nothing here worth commenting on. I truly wish TJ would post in some of the economics threads and enlighten us with his superior knowledge on all things financial. I'm particularly interested in his views on privatizing Social Security.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

DFTT.

5. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I heard Obama hates Jesus and puppies.

6. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

wow...I love the subject..."Horrific" in quotes... :D

Everything is "Technically" correct except that they are not with the obama team. They are CNN correspondents. Well the "Liberal media" is "technically" considered as obama's team so actually this thread is 100% true.

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6reQLzgywzk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6reQLzgywzk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

8. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

tater_j won't post in the economics threads because he can't face up to the fact that this whole debacle is the inevitable result of the Republican deregulation fetish.

9. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

McCain Team Wanted "Horrific" Yemen Terrorists Attacks Headlines

10. ChenZhen

I actually heard no way in hell Jesus will vote for Obama. He lost a big endorsement right there.

11. Master Baiter

Jesus supports deregulation and ANWR drilling.

12. ChenZhen

This is BS! Link please?

13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I also heard that Obama brought more than 10 items to the Express Lane at HEB.

14. Master Baiter

Link

Kind of a long read.

15. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

As the Democrats cover their ears and scream NA NA NA about this damning evidence that Obama is rooting against the economy, McCain is out on the trail landing haymakers on Obama. It's amazing how deeply Obama was tied in with Fanny and Freddie... makes you wonder...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XZqn2nog_S8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XZqn2nog_S8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

- Obama claimed the "stimulus package" was his idea. That's new to those of us in Congress who supported it. Obama didn't even show up to vote on it.

- Obama took more money from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac people than anyone else but the chairman of the committee they answered to.

- Obama put Fannie Mae CEO who helped creat this problem in charge of finding his Vice President.

16. ChenZhen

Is it because he can't count or because he got impatient with his temper?

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the free market rhetoric won't go over that well right now

18. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Serious question, is the only thing I'm gonna hear coming out of McCain's mouth is what's wrong with Obama?

Perhaps you should take a look at this thread: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=154099

Obama is actually providing real solutions. If McCain has I'd love to read about it.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

hey jorge how is your paper trading account doing?

20. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member