1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2014-15

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 29, 2014.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think that's the main thing. The only thing I could see forcing them to make the move would be either -

A. A Younger PG comes up their ranks that is outplaying him
    B. They want to go with Evans as the full-time PG (worked out well for Sacramento)
    C. They start tanking (doubtful)

If NOLA is looking to move him more than likely that means he's probably not playing that well either since there are other players I'm sure they'd rather try to dump for salary reasons.

I like Holiday, and I'd love him on this team, but I just don't see it happening this year. If they had a young PG already there, or they have a move lined up to bring in a cheaper replacement (maybe an option), its a possibility. But I don't see it happening as long as they are still in the playoff hunt, and AD is playing at an MVP level which he is.

2. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

A good PG will vastly improve our chances to move past the first round. The following are my choices:

One of the three pg from the suns...for a 1st round pick and any one of our PG.

Lawson from nuggerts for the same as above

dwill from brooklyn for just 2nd rounder and one of our pg since he is injury.

3. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Harden doesn't need a competing scorer. He and the Rockets need a solid playmaker who can score at opportune times. I'd rather have a player like Tyler Ennis if we can't get Dragic from the Suns.

4. Mr Chuck Norris

Green is a flopping b****

5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

The reason Augustine's name came up is because I was hoping they would give us a pick for one of our guards. I still think Nick Johnson for the 40th pick is a good trade for both teams. It's only worth it for the Rockets if they pick is flipped in the very near future, like next off-season at the latest.

I wouldn't mind giving seeing Singler in a Rockets uniform.

6. CertifiedTroll

Another bad trade idea, but I am biased and what it to happen:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k9lwyyz

Hou gets: T. Zeller, M. Smart

Bos gets: DMo, Capela, Dorsey, Canaan

This would give us a backup PG (future starter), and a back up center. It will create a little cap space and open up roster spots if we so decide to sign any CBA players to complete our roster. For Boston to do this they would really have to appreciate DMo's ability and not be committed to Smart.

If this were to transpire, Jones would also need to be playing at a high level or else this trade would be a huge step back and should not be done.

Once again, probably not a good trade, but I like Smart and it gives us a back up center.

7. markelliott1997

Trade Ideas

Dorsey for Black (LAL). Works for me.

8. basketballholic

If BOS did that they'd insist on the Pels pick as well. I'd like to have both those guys though. Don't think Ainge would move Smart for anything less than the #1 or #2 pick in the 2015 draft.

9. CertifiedTroll

True, it would make since that they don't plan to move him. I just wonder why they aren't giving him heavier minutes. I thought for sure he would be getting huge minutes post Rondo, but they are still playing Bradley and Turner over him. I hope they are dissatisfied with his play enough to trade him. Morey did interview him back in the drafting process.

10. YaBoy

YaBoy Member

What do u guys think of Micheal Carter-Williams???? I heard he on the trade block

11. Zergling

Zergling Member

He was on Bleacher Report's list of 12 players on the trading block. The PG's mentioned were Calderon, Deron Williams, and MCW.

Trading for MCW would be a total Morey move (especially if we trade a popular player for him like Beverley).

MCW can't shoot but has upside. Again, total Moreyball player. Guard version of the Thomas Robinson trade. Connection with Hinkie probably important here as well.

Would you rather have Canaan or MCW? I'd personally go with the guy who can shoot and already has experience playing in the starting lineup. Plus Canaan is homegrown so I want him to reach his potential in Houston.

12. elainas

elainas Member

Tayshaun Prince must be another leftie which good with D, and make 3s - not like Ariza

13. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Terry/papa/Shved/DMO Knicks pick for Hibbert and Copeland.

If dwight is done we need to make this move

Hibbert
    Jones
    Ariza
    Harden
    Bev...

If dwight isn't done Hibbert and him can split the minutes to preserve both of them

We could even do Bev and Pelicans pick for MCW

Hibbert
    Jones
    Ariza
    Harden
    MCW

14. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I'd give them the NOP 1st, Dorsey and Kpap.

15. Ubigman

Ubigman Member

this is the worst thread ever rofl

16. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

With Howard out, our starting lineup will likely be
    Bev
    Harden
    Ariza
    Jones
    DMo
    If jones stays healthy. This will force Dorsey to play extra minutes which is a bad idea imo. The need for a back up rim protector is a lot higher now and so is the need for another playmaker. However, Bev works well with this starting lineup. If he comes off the bench, the ball WILL be in his hands when hardens off the court. Id rather keep Bev working with Harden than let him go alone. That being said, Harden also doesn't have anyone consistent backing him up. Terry is decent but he's more of a veteran leader than anything else to this team.

My proposal:
    Houston in: Courtney Lee, Beno Udrih, Chris Andersen,
    Miami In: Alexey Shved, Clint Capela, Denver 2nd, HOU 2nd
    Denver In: Papa, Dorsey, Stokes
    Memphis In: Chalmers, Wilson Chandler, Alonzo Gee
    We get a backup playmaker, a backup shooter, and a backup shot blocker
    Miami gets a Chalmers replacement a few picks and a young prospect to grow along with Whiteside
    Denver gets a backup for Gallo, gets rid of Chandler, and now have insurance to trade McGee
    Memphis gets an upgrade at SF and also Mario Chalmers coming off the bench with some championship mentality

Now the roster is:
    Beverly
    Harden
    Ariza
    Jones
    DMo
    With a Bench of: Udrih, Lee, Brewer, Smith, Andersen, Terry, Johnson, and canaan.
    This of course is if Howard stays out for a while.

17. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

What would be Denver ' s asking price for Lawson? Assuming they make this rumored deal for Reggie Jackson?

18. rogower

rogower Member

Everyone should understand that if Denver is looking to get younger at the PG position ny trading for someone like Reggie Jackson then Ty Lawson will be traded away to the highest bidder.

Houston has what Denver wants. Houston packages the Pelicans pick with either Donatas Motiejunas, Terrence Jones, or Clint Capela, and adds expiring contracts in order to make the the trade work. The expiring contracts which should be traded by Houston by 2/19 are Jason Terry, Kostas Papanikolaou, and Alexey Shved.

My prediction is that Houston winds up trading for either Lawson or Darren Collison by 2/19. I believe Morey refuses to cough up Motiejunas in a deal for Lawson. Note that he will play the two teams (Sacramento and Denver) against each other in order to create leverage for himself. I think he opts for Collison since the asking price for Collison will be MUCH less than the asking price for Lawson.

I predict Sacramento is the team that winds up trading for Goran Dragic and giving him the monster contract extension that he wants (probably something like five years, $100 mil), which will make Collison expendable.

19. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

You guys would surrender practically all of our assets for one of two 6-foot point guards, one who is a backup and the other who was a backup? The Pelican pick could easily become a quality backup center or a quality backup SG in the event of an injury to Howard or Harden. There might even be a better (and cheaper) PG in the draft than anyone mentioned save Dragic. (And, if we are trading with Phoenix, I'd still rather have Tyler Ennis than any PG mentioned so far save Dragic.) Heck, Isaiah Canaan has as much or more upside than Lawson or Collison.

IMO, assets we must keep unless we get a really, really sweet upgrade are the Pelican's #1 and New York's #2 as well as Capela, D-Mo and T-Jo. Dwight is already on his last knee, and Harden is one knocked knee (see Dallas game from last night) from being a season ender. We need quality backups at C, SG and PG.

20. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

Houston Gets:
    Ty Lawson
    Anthony Marrow

OKC Gets:
    DMO
    Schved
    Pelicans Pick

Denver Gets:
    Jackson
    Knicks Pick
    Terry
    Papa

I think this trade everyone gets fair value

we lose all our assets but we get our starting PG and a knock down shooter this team desperately need.

OKC gets a low post scorer and a lottery pick

Denver gets Jackson/PAPA and cash to keep jackson or chase someone else