1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Mobile Game] Marvel Puzzle Quest

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Learned something new in the game that I hadn't known about before. In PvP events when you go to chose your match sometimes the circle is red and sometimes it is yellow. When it is red that means the person you are facing previously attacked you and you are retaliating against them. If it is yellow then you are attacking them as a fresh attack. In retaliation the number of points that you can win is the difference between your points and their points at the time that they attacked you.

2. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

I've run into a problem where I don't have enough hero points to get more slots. I'm starting to get more 3 star heroes but not enough slots to recruit them yet. Is this their way of making us buy more currency lol

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You have a few options.

1- You won't have enough three-star covers on any character for a few months to be viable anyway. You could bite the bullet and just sell it.

2- Once you have a good two-star team going, you won't look back, so you could delete your one-stars. The only time you'll bust out those one-stars is for special events or tourneys that require them, which are fairly few and far between. You get so many one-star drops that rebuilding them down the road is entirely feasible.

3- Spend $20 on Hero Points. I took a long hard look at my roster when I got to your point and decided to spend the cash. I've spent hundreds of hours on this game so far and find it one of the best games I've ever played. It's entirely worth $20. I also plopped down $20. When my wife got to this point, although she protested (she's the cheapskate in our relationship). She was super happy when she got the HP, through. :)

I've never had to spend money again, by the way, and I honestly believe that you don't have to spend any, ever, to play.

The game rewards more play with higher prizes in Tourneys and Events. Higher ranking= more HP.

By the way, are you a daily player? I can put you on the list for the alliance next after B. Each new slot costs more HP (1200 for the next one, then 1300), so it's important to get regular players in.

4. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Xerobull - I'm a daily player (probably too frequent ) and I'd definitely like to join your alliance if you have a slot.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I finished top 50 in the psylocke event, but I really needed the cStorm green cover. The prizes for rankings aren't cumulative?

6. Xerobull

Not unless otherwise indicated, and it's usually just the top two spots that get a four-star and then whatever the next prize is. The game makers can't give out the crack too quickly.

Subatomic and B- we have two spots. Search for Hero Dawn and join.

Please post your in-game names so I know who you are. I get random joins all the time.

7. Xerobull

Subatomic and B- we have two spots. Search for Hero Dawn and join.

8. B

B Contributing Member

Thank you! My in game name is GKar.

9. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Forgot to check back in here. I thought joining Alliances required doing something w/ Facebook, but I tried looking up Xero's and checked to see what happens and I guess I don't? I know subatomic requested earlier so if you want to bump me until you have another spot open that's fine.

I'm trying to make a concerted effort to place in the top 25 of PvP to earn coins and buy roster spots. I read that hardcore players typically join early, close to when they're first announced. So I entered the most recent PvP (Psylocke cover awarded to the top 50 I think?) w/ 14 hrs to go. Played last night, and then played again for maybe 30 min this morning. Only took 2 sittings to place 14th.

Another time I started earlier and it was a grind. Kept getting attacked and I kept playing here and there just to stay in the top ~30. Tried to make a run in the final hour to place top 25 (I was already 25th), ended up placing 26 after all that.

10. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm obviously doing something wrong because nothing comes up when I search for Hero Dawn. Are there any other text characters that I'm missing here?

Edit: never mind - I've found you and joined

11. Xerobull

I see you in pending for the Alliance. As soon as we have another spot, you're in. :)

Placing in tourneys is all about timing. Anything that ends on a weekend is going to be packed with players. Not so much during the week, especially during the day. It's also about when you play- as you did, I usually play in two sessions if I'm looking to place high.

12. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Xerobull, I used to get a lot of items from you and I've been sending you a lot. What happened to this feature?

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'd like to request the next open spot in the alliance.

Is there a Friday happy hour for increased drop rates? I've had an incredible streak that's eaten up the last two hours of my time, where I've gotten 10+ 2* covers and none were bagman/moonstones. And during this time, there's been a glitch in the psylocke event where my ranking and points hasn't gone up. It still says ~400 but after these 2 dozen games I just got the 1000 point event prize. Last event I tried to make a push for 600 in the middle of the night, and I couldn't get close without getting attacked for huge chunks.

14. Xerobull

You're up next after professorjay. Go ahead and join and it will put you in the queue in-game. Once I have a spot I will be able to let you in automatically.

This is a facebook feature. I haven't been playing much the past few weeks due to work/life sucking most of my waking hours. No playing= no presents sent. Hopefully I will be back to normal soon.

You can go on to my facebook and friend everyone there as they're all MPQ players. Once they accept you guys will send items to each other (randomly). I don't control everyone so I can't guarantee that they will accept or be timely about it.

15. Xerobull

Hey Subtomic- you ok? Haven't seen you playing in a while.

16. Ron from the G

I've changed my strategy up slightly now that I have a stronger team. I'm still not joining an event until a day after it opens, but I am no longer putting up a weaker team in defense. Since my team is now stronger I follow Xero's strategy more of getting about 300 points, leaving a strong team behind for defense, and then rolling through opponents later on.

Some things I do differently now though are I'm looking at when the event ends. So if it ends at 11 pm then I first join it as early in the AM as possible and the opposite for events that end in the morning.

I still don't have a strong enough team to hold the top spots so generally once I get to the 800 point range on pvp I'm putting shields up if it is within 24 hours of the end. Ideally I'm putting shields up within 8 hours of the end rather than a whole 24 hours ahead so that I use less HP.

17. Ron from the G

#77 Ron from the G, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  18. Ron from the G

We have 8 more spots open now if you want to join.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I actually quit cold turkey once the team-ups came in. Really snap decision, too. I lost two or three in a row that I should have won because of world rupture teamups that they had no business owning. And then not getting any 3* covers in like 20 gold tokens that I had been saving up, I was able to kneejerk give it up.

The new champs do look entertaining, but I couldn't see the light at the end of tunnel for transitioning out of 2* covers.

20. Xerobull

We have several spots open for daily players. The more the merrier! :)