1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Royce White vs. Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kaitanuva, Aug 4, 2012.

?

Who gets the rock?

1. Royce White

22 vote(s)
    14.5%
  2. Jeremy Lin

130 vote(s)
    85.5%
  1. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/151dOlH-aAE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rR3NhE8fBs8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. amaru

amaru Member

3. nono

nono Member

4. roxxy

roxxy Member

Whoever demands it gets it. If you have the ball to demand the ball in your hand to win the game then I want the person who demands it to take the shot.

5. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Why does White have a uncle sam beard now, he looks better back in college

6. stl1622dc

stl1622dc Member

Will White even be on the court?

1 person likes this.
  7. ILoveTheRockets

As long as the crowds have the same reactions... does it even matter who?

8. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Lol. Sorry but White hasn't even played a game in the nba and hasn't played particularly well in Summer League....

9. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I think they should fight to the death.

1 person likes this.
  10. roxxy

roxxy Member

Like the hunger games. May the odds be ever in your favour.

11. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Which is which? Please label for easy understanding on which one is Lin and which one is White. They both are comparable.

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Enough with the Royce White playing point gaurd stuff. If the Rockets thought that was a possibility they would have tried it in summer league.

13. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

they did

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Uh, that's exactly what they did. Did you even watch?

15. AFS

AFS Member

I doubt we see them do it as much in regular season play. Between Fortson and Machado, our point guard play was terrible (until Machado played well in the last game). White didn't get the ball in his hands until the second or third game. With Lin, we should have consistent production at the PG.

It's also hard to see where White will fit in the rotation. Does he back up Parsons at the 3? We don't really have depth at that position and while I don't see White being able to guard any NBA starting 3s, he might be able to play minutes there against opposing bench players. We have a ton of depth at the 4 and its hard to see him getting minutes behind Patterson, Motiejunas, and Jones.

16. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

not sure if serious..

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

18. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Summer threads, yay...

19. redlawn

redlawn Member

I REALLY like Royce White. He's an efficient scorer, can rebound, and has good sturdy size. He's also has that clutch factor as evidenced by his play last year (probably the most clutch of the incoming rooks we have). But I had to vote Jeremy Lin. I mean, Lin's pretty much the face of the franchise right now.

I've tried giving it some thought where White would fit. I don't think he's a 3 at all. He'd have trouble keeping up with some of the 3's out there. I feel like he's almost certainly a 4, possibly backing up the 5 if playing small. The problem is we have a HUGE logjam at the 4.

It's possible he could be a playmaker with the 2nd unit, playing as a point forward. I guess it'd all depend on if he's perceived as more valuable than our backup PG, whether it's Machado, Douglas, Livingston, or whomever. Or the other option is for him to really work on his pick and roll finishing, because he does seem to have a good feel for the basket. He'd have to majorly work on his jumpshot though, if he wants to do any pick and pops. But in general, a tough call here. Just so many potential 4's.

The other things is I feel like he'd be a fantastic locker room presence. With a team of all youngsters, he is really mature, polite, and respectful. He just has this easy charm, and I think it'd be positive influence on a lot of the other guys that may need encouragement.

Not sure how it'll all sort out, I'd really prefer to unload/buy out a guy like Livingston before relegating White to the bench. I'd like to see this guy get some burn.

20. Spooner

Spooner Member

I'd assume the guy who was given 8 million dollars a year to handle the ball would....

1 person likes this.