1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we take another look at Kevin Martin?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, Jun 17, 2015.

1. hakeemthagreat

Should we? The guy is as good a 3pt shooter as you'll find. He gets to the free throw line at will. He's a open court finisher that can thrive in a 3pt/Layup oriented system like ours. He's definitely not a superstar, but he'd certainly look good playing next to the 2 we got here. His defense is, ehh, no comment:( His stats last year:

Points 21.5
    3pt% 39.3
    FT% 88
    FTA 5.3

His points per game aren't a factor given Minnesota sucks. What I like is his 3pt percentage has always been hovering around 40%, and he gets to the line and actually HITS his free throws. Honestly, he maybe one of the easiest players to get being Minnesota has absolutely no direction right now. Would you guys be open to bringing him back?

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lol. He hates Morey.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Martin is on the books for two more years - $7,085,000 / $7,377,500.

I don't think Morey wants to clog the cap with that extra year. Otherwise Morey could have made a move for Isaiah Thomas at the trade deadline if he was looking for a scorer off the bench.

4. jacoby

jacoby Member

He'd be nice off the bench. We really need two-way players though. The Warriors somehow found a bunch of them in a short period of time and it won them a title.

5. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Fool's Gold

6. MistaK

MistaK Member

All for bringing Kmart back. Decent contract, especially considering the cap increase and would definitely be a great bench player to have, who is going to knock down open shots and more importantly FTs.

Not sure if he wants to come back to Houston though. I think around the trade deadline there were couple of reports saying that he wouldn't mind being traded to Dallas and a few other teams I believe, but not Houston - granted not sure if I'm imagining this now or if it actually happened.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

No. Other than scoring, he brings nothing else to this team. You can get 2/3rds of his value from a vet minimum player.

8. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I'd take him back in a heartbeat.

This team goes through long dry spells when Harden is cold. At least Martin can score some damn points.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yes, he would be an awesome pickup on a bargain contract.

Can't figure the guy out though. He seems to seek out bad teams to play on.

10. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He is a loser at heart, that's why. He had said that he's having the best time of his career on the Wolves, a perpetual loser of a NBA team.

11. basketballholic

Would rather have Eric Gordon if we're gonna try to trade for a vet shooter. $15 million expiring contract is high. But we could get there with Kostas/Pablo/Terrence/Dorsey/Johnson. Have the Pels take out the trash for us. They get to have a look at Terrence and they get a youngster in Johnson for the trouble.

Eric Gordon has drastically improved his 3-ball. Shot right at 45% for the year. Can you imagine having that space creator spotting up at the 1 with Ariza and DMo in the corners and Harden/Dwight in the PnR? #Deadly

Gordon is an expiring so he won't infringe on our cap space next season if Durant or something else special comes along.

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Good regular season player. Likely horrible playoff performer when defenses play him tight. Besides, I bet there are posters here who could outplay Martin on defense, including women.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That 15M expiring contract at the trade deadline could be interesting.

14. mercy road

mercy road Member

Paying $7M for a bench player would be something Morey's evil twin Moroney would do.

15. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

"take another look at me"
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. hakeemthagreat

Lol. We had Jason Terry & Pablo playing next to Harden. If we survived with them, my bet is Martin's a VERY significant upgrade.

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Can we get back Scola and Lowry instead?

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I prefer the idea of Eric Gordon to Martin. I would even give up #32 to the Jopatpackage to make it happen.

19. mercy road

mercy road Member

Scola? Yes. Lowry? No.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Indeed though it took a long time for people to realize it.

DD