1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Numbers are Clear...Goran Dragic is an Overpaid Role Player

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by hotballa, Apr 26, 2016.

1. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

He is set for life and next life.

Lucky b*stard. Not many ppl can get that type of contract based on just one good season, at 28 years old.

2. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

yup they are all eating crow, how many of them are going to actually admit they were riding the gorgi jock like it was their last chance on earth. slobbering all over his dragic

3. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

He sucks. Been saying it all season

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

In all fairness, 48% is significantly better than 44%. Seems like he's not hurting his team by those numbers, he just doesn't get a lot of shots.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I thought only Lin has some delusional fans. :p

7. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Deromy Lin's >>>> Goran Ragic.

GOran Dragic is equally good as DerOmy Lin with the ball a lot.

And Lin is a better off the ball guard imho cuz he simply shot better and was being more aggressive.

So, I would just say, Lin is slightly better than Ragic offensively and much better than Ragic on D.

8. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Let me get it straight:

Lin's true values on court = ~120% * Dragic = ~110% * Lowry

Call me LOF anytime you want but Lin is just a better player.

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Say what?

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is carrying the heat.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Lin has never had a game in the playoffs like Dragic just had. And in a Game 7

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

lol, lofs so vindictive. their guy can't get it done so they want the dragics, mchales, & hardens to fail, but can't take away their achievements.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is the truth!

14. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

As a Dragic-only fan- turned- Rockets-fan, I can't help myself but smiling at how he showed a big middle finger to all the doubters (and a hater or two) with his Game 7 performance. He may revert back to norm, which I hope he doesn't.

I agree he is certainly playing like an overpaid role player right now. Some of that is on him and some on the team concept.

He can lose confidence in stretches, which is his greatest weakness. Team can hide his weakness with playing to his strenghts more, but sometimes this can't be justified as he isn't a Dirk Nowitzki superstar type of player where his team can be built around his weakness, in Dirk's case his defense.

I think he could be an excellent Pippen to Jordan type of player. Probably not a 2nd best option on a championship team like Pippen was, but at least 3rd for sure. He is very unselfish, but he needs ball in his hands to be effective, as a ball-dominant guard can seriously hamper his rhythm and, as a consequence, his confidence.

I wouldn't say Bledsoe was a ball-dominant guard like Wade or even Harden. Bledsoe is a combo guard whose ego is not so big to prevent him from sharing the ball with Dragic. Bledsoe's jumper is also not that great to justify him going ISO a lot, so you really can't take Dragic's playing alongside Bledsoe for something that would happen here with Harden.

Anyone that watched Miami Heat post All-star break, the Bosh-less and sometimes Wade-less fast-paced offense Spoelstra brought together, can't ignore the huge impact Dragic can have on a team's offense. He still can't be counted on carrying a team on his back for more than shorter stretches, like Harden or younger Wade could. Afterall, he is not a superstar.

But he is a very, very good role player and a legit 3rd best option on a championship team. I would peg him as a Draymond Green type of player, minus the defense and consistency Green is showing. Don't get me wrong, Dragic is not (anymore) a sieve on defense as this segment of his game progressed dramatically since he joined the Heat. He is an average defender who tries really hard, is unselfish and improves overall offense dramatically while being happy to defer to any superstar that can win games for his team. Who wouldn't want a guy like this on his team?

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Dragic was is and probably will always be a better player than Jeremy Lin

Lin fans are actually straight up ***** to other players for no reason.

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He hasn't been consistent but Dragic has had some really strong games.

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol wheres the OP and other LOFs at?

18. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Same as Lin.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Dragic just didn't care much till now. Heat sending this best buddy away unmotivated him.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Dragic is one of the main reasons they are in game 7. Switch Lin and dragic and hornets likely win.