1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

All Solid points. I'm not a basketball mind but I believe that Beverly is not a starter in the this league. He is definitely a good fit next to Harden but not good enough. Of course Bradley is just one of many move that the Rockets should do this off season, and that Crowder guy is a free agent.

Just a question mainly for Bimathug can we Sign and Trade Dwight? Or does he has to opt in in order for us to do that?

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think you're right, i love Pat, but he's a starter only in two teams as today, one is the Harden's team, the other is the Lebron's team, in other contexts he'll be a bench player.

I only think he can be good enough to play as a starter next to Harden and Durant though.

Crowder is not free agent jonas, already resigned with the Celtcis ;)

3. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

Damm Hoopshype Sucks

4. malakas

malakas Member

We can do s+t but dwight has no incentive to do it because he gains nothing. Unless he wants to sign with the two teams who dont have room or to a team that has already filled it. And the possibillity of it is zero. All the teams that are rumoured after him have space even Charlotte since they have Batums bird rights.

Now Bradley. The only reason for Ainge to trade such a bargain of a contract is as a piece to get a star. They dont need any more picks. In fact they must get rid of some.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Dwight might have incentive for a sign and trade to a team like Milwaukee, which was interested in him at the deadline, but would unlikely keep Greg Monroe as well.

Not that I think Greg Monroe is an answer for us, but if there were a third team involved, perhaps Atlanta, and Al Horford came to Houston.

Naturally there would be other moving parts involved.

I probably shouldn't bring up Milwaukee with you, of all individuals. :) Just a "for instance".

Such as, say, Orlando. Supposedly a maybe for Dwight, although they'd have to un-burn some bridges. They wouldn't need both Vujecic (sp?) with his no-defense and Dwight (no-offense).

Not that I want Vujecic, but, again, some three-team thing.

6. malakas

malakas Member

A s+t for Dwight isnt worth even Monroe much less Vuc. Besides both of them have capspace. Monroe could be traded for whatever a Vonleh i.e and then Dwight signed. Vuc has actual great value because of his dirt cheap contract. ( 12 per).
    If he was restricted it could be the only way to ensure the Rockets dont match. But unrestricted?

I dont really care much. Im resigned to the fact that the Bucks managment is stupid and have the patience of dadakota. But they will get Dwight with their $ not with trading.

7. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Only way is if Harden is going.

8. fattz

fattz Member

I am okay with that...

Pick up Beal for $13 to 15Mor so, Conley for the max, & keep DMo.

Conley, Beal, Ariza, Griffin, & DMo
    with Beasley as your 6th man
    Bev, Capela, McDaniel& Dekker (he will surprise next year) filling out the bench

Solid 2 way team ANY COACH would love.

( Move Brewer with picks & rights to Llull cover DMo increase )

9. fattz

fattz Member

If we can't get Beal then sign Fournier

10. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

I dont get the harden bashing. Hes the only guy teams need to guard....

11. fattz

fattz Member

Not bashing at all, if he can bring a player like Giffin in return we need to look at that. He is an isolation player which is great off the bench but It hard to build a team around. My point is there are other wing out there can be had in FA for less money that play both sides of the court and don't take naps on the side lines during play off games. I am a Rocket fan and want to win in the worst way and NEVER want to see a player much less the leader of the team take naps. He QUIT on himself, the team and US. Why won't we trade him? He doesn't want to be here. What more can he do to show this? (I know keep him and let him walk as FA in 2 years and have nothing) Let's start over this team is broken.

(Well I bashed a little)

12. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Harden is a star and he ain't going no where. Not even for griffin

13. Asian Sensation

Trade for Eric Bledsoe or Brandon Knight. Phoenix signed both to 5 year 70 million. One of dems gotta go. I'll happily take either.

14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Salaries would never work - Griffin and Whiteside would get max or near-max deals, Batum probably too.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Would you do this trade?
    Bev+ Dekker + ny 2016 second + Brewer for nothing.

16. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

No - why the Bev hate? Package Ariza instead. Don't package a pick. You're basically sending a 1st rounder in Dekker to dump Brewer.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What... no. Brewer was awful this year but the Rockets have very little desperation at this point to clear his cap off the board. The Rockets also have the stretch provision still available to them. This is a much more palatable form of getting rid of Brewer than doing a ill advised trade like this.

-Pat Bev has value to virtually every team in the league in some role. Should be worth at least multiple 2nd round picks.
    -Dekker is a typical rookie that a team like the Rockets would look to try and snag on the cheap after a disappointing rookie year. Why they'd want to move him for the sake of moving him is beyond me. They will likely be filling their 12th - 15th spots on the roster with minimum salary players this next year anyways. Why they wouldn't want to give him a shot next year makes no sense.
    -The NYK 2nd rounder could be a really nice player in this years draft. Certain not a star by any stretch but you could take a shot at another player of Harrell's caliber at least.

The Rockets are likely going to be in asset collection mode yet again. The D-Mo trade sort of signaled that change in direction a few months ago, and i expect to see that continue. No way Morey is giving up clear assets just to get rid of Brewer. There is only 2 years left of his deal on a mid sized contract. Just waive him or don't play him. Don't give up assets to move him.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

19. Borneoman

Borneoman Member

Bev will be a perfect PG for the Bucks for sure.

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

Do we have enough assets to trade for DeMarcus Cousins? Would Capela, Brewer and Ariza (to match salaries), next year's 1st round pick, our two 2nd round picks this year be enough?

We can also add Beverley, Dekker, KJ, or Harrel to add if necessary