1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Patrick Beverley is Garbage

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RiceDaddy7, Apr 6, 2016.

1. SunsRocketsfan

wow does BEV suck.. SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS.. did i mention he SUCKS.??

yes the numbers are clear.. he's the WORST STARTING PG in the entire LEAGUE..

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

his unnecessary antics are still dumb and probably hurts the team more than helps but the funny thing is hes the only guy on the roster that actually showed some improvement in his game and added to it. By that i mean he added a little floater to his game when hes able to get into the paint. of course hes still limited in what he can do but ill always give props to someone that adds to their overall game.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Beverley wasn't even in the Top 10 problems of this team. If anything, he's the only guy in the starting 5 who showed any heart or hustle. He's stayed true to who he is, and he never deviates from that.

4. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Its true, I dont think the guys worth more than 15 minutes in the league, but he at least shows up every game. It's pathetic how little heart we have. and OMG why the eff am I talking about this. I'm avoiding the frigging GARM for a reason

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Draymond is that you?

6. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

Heart and hustle should be a criteria of every NBA player. Sadly, in today's NBA, it is rare. However, heart and hustle does not mean you are a starting PG in the league.

Bev is not as good as some backups. He is a $2M player, even in today NBA. I rather see Brewer in the game than Bev. At least, Brewer can make Livingston work some. Brewer is not very good either. WTF happen to this team that we loved last year.

Bev should be the 10th player on the bench. That is how much I think he sucks.

7. SunsRocketsfan

already posted but just want to add that PB is Garbage but i think we knew he wasn't a 30+ min player which is why we got huge Bust TY LAWSON.. too bad he sucked even more

8. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Pat bev was Mcfail's boy. He love his hard nose in your face defense that allowed him to bench lin who was not Mcfails favor. Lin was cut by him and his coaches right before linsanity hit the Knicks, so Mcfail told alot of heat and wanted to proof to everyone he and has staff was not wrong about lin.

9. RiceDaddy7

RiceDaddy7 Member

Get rid of Beverely!

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

He does excel at trying to steal the ball from his man just as the timeout is being called. No one in the leagues tries that move harder or more from what I've seen. Of course, he injured Westbrook doing it but some may say that is the point of trying it....cause I've certainly never seen one of those work before.

Just saying...he has upside. ;)

11. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

It's pretty obvious. He doesnt demand the ball, plays hard nosed defense and with high energy, which was McHale's favorite quality.

That said he's a solid back-up. The trick is finding a PG who can play alongside Harden, most who are better than Bev need the ball.

12. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Bev needs to work on his 3 point shot this off-season...till he's automatic like a Curry. The old Bev could drain those time and time again. Now, you just leave him open and watch him miss.

13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its sad that your six foot nothing PG is tougher than your 6'11 260lbs max dollar center.

14. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Imagine us having to face Beverley after trading.

15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

You realize his 3pt% this season was the best of his career, yes?

16. BackdoorHarden

Don't forget blocking FT!! No one can block those FT better than Bev.

17. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

I wouldn't say Beverley is garbage. He's good for 15min and probably at $3-4m/yr. His effectiveness will probably be much higher in this role.

Beverley has heart, and is a good spot 3pt shooter when given room. He has a role in most teams. Saying he's garbage would be too harsh. But on the other hand, it's hard to see him run a team at PG without a Harden, Lebron, Wade or to a lesser extent PG13 on the team.

18. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

My dad, who knows nothing about basketball and came over with me to see a couple of recent games, he had the best quote.

Who is that guy?

Patrick Beverly dad, he's our starting point guard

Surely you couldn't be very good with a name like Beverley

19. Valen

Valen Member

Is Beverley not a Rockets anymore? Why is this topic here?

20. SunsRocketsfan

dont care if he's a rocket or not next year but i sure as hell hope he isnt our starting PG next season