1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Multiple News Outlets are calling AJ's Injury a Hamstring Injury...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RedRedemption, Oct 2, 2011.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

... Is it true? Is it possible that its not a season ender?
    I'm about to sink into deep depression.

2. YaosDirtyStache

You support a HOUSTON FRANCHISE. What did you expect?!

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Likely a strain instead of a tear, MRI will tell. Just a hunch, but I am expecting good news, maybe a week or two out.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Until he re injures it then is out a month lol.

5. RedRedemption

I'd rather we rest AJ longer than needed. 3-1 is a great start.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They have that luxury over the next four games. They're likely favorites agains the Raiders and Jaguars regardless of his status. Likewise, they'd be underdogs against the Ravens even with him.

Its the Titans game where they go from possible slight favorite/pick-em to possible underdog... but by no means should that game not be winnable without Andre Johnson.

We WILL need him against mostly every game after the Cleveland one, so I'd rather have him at 100% for the rest of the year, instead of 70% for one of these games, and then a lingering issue for the rest of the year.

Foster had 30 carries today... would have liked to not have to throw him into the fire as much, but our RB's can't stay healthy.

7. conquistador#11

It's time for Kubiak to unveil his five tight end shotgun set. You know he has in that menu somewhere under some clever battlefighting title.

Hope AJ is ok and only misses a couple of games.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

My fantasy team needs AJ healthy, when is the bye week? If it is a pretty big strain, maybe they rest him through that?

DD

9. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Week 11

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I have a feeling we might not be seeing AJ for about a month. This now is Foster's team, everything will need to go through Arian. Curious to see if the Texans go out and pick up another WR or even consider a TRADE.

11. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

We'll be fine without AJ, we have David Anderson(a joke). Hopefull OD and Kevin Walter step up. Seriously where has Kevin Walter been? I think ive see maybe 2 catches from him this season

12. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Also, the Texans have neglected that 2nd receiver spot for quite a while. I guess they waited for Jacoby to become that guy but it's obvious he isn't that guy. This is the 2nd year in a row that Andre will miss multiple games and is 30 now, that has to be a point of importance next offseason and even the draft.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let's hope it is not a tear, and is just a small strain that got him scared so he went down.

DD

14. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Time to get Terell Owens on the phone and in Houston for a work out.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Are we really going to go through this strain/tear debate again? As discussed during the Foster saga, by definition, any sprain/strain involves a tear. It's a matter of the extent. So whether it's labeled a "tear" or not is really just semantics.

Not much info yet, but this from CBS' Mike Freeman:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...s-proves-texans-wont-be-pushed-around-anymore

I think the best case scenario is to have Andre back for the Tennessee game on Oct. 23. Three weeks is usually the minimum, and that's the timeline for when Foster first tried to return (against Miami). If that turns out not to be reasonable, then you do have the gift of an easy schedule, with two home games on Oct. 30 and Nov. 6 against the Jags and Browns. Things don't toughen up again until @Tampa on Nov. 13, and then you have a bye.

So, it could be a while... but after the next three weeks, things do get significantly easier. I think if the MRI comes back positive and Andre heals quickly, you keep an open mind to having him back for Tennessee. All the while knowing that if he doesn't prove ready, you have two easy games and a bye week ahead.

16. RedRedemption

T.O. might be an asshat, but we're desperate.

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That injury looked nasty -- i'm thinking 4 or so weeks at least.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

^great post. I think we're golden if can we beat the Raiders. No need to rush him back.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Thanks man, I put a lot of thought in before I posted.

3 people like this.
  20. HombreDeHierro

I'm all for it. We need players who can play at this point, **** character