1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jim Lampley arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Faos, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

:eek:

Boxing announcer Lampley arrested

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/6334598

ENCINITAS, Calif. (AP) - Sports announcer Jim Lampley was arrested Wednesday for investigation of domestic violence.

Lampley, 57, also was booked for investigation of violating a restraining order and dissuading a witness, said Capt. Glenn Revell of the San Diego County Sheriff's Department. Lampley was released after posting $35,000 bail.

No details were immediately available about the accusations against Lampley. It was not known whether Lampley had retained an attorney.

His broadcasting career began with ABC in the mid-1970s. He later worked for CBS and NBC and more recently as a boxing commentator for HBO.

An after-hours call to an HBO spokeswoman was not immediately returned.

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I've disliked that guy ever since his rant that Wang Zhi-Zhi should've been suspended during the whole spy plane incident a few years ago.

3. bonecrusher

bonecrusher Member

Say it ain't so Jim :(

4. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

I really don't like Lampley as he tries his best to prove he is the smartest guy in the room at every moment. If he had a restraining order, that means that he had some kind of violent history with this woman in the past.

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

love the guy when he hosts Rome's show. anyone listening to Rome, has he mentioned it?

6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Lamps should try to retain Don King.

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Might as well. Johnnie Cochran is dead.

Then again....maybe the domestic violence cited in the arrest includes assault and battery on Larry Merchant and Harold Lederman. If that is the case, I will help pay Lampley's legal bills! :D

8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Lampley used to call a lot of the Oiler games for television. I liked him in that role, and of course he is an icon in the boxing world. This is an unfortunate turn of events.

9. conquistador#11

Yeah that was very low of lampley.
    In retrospect,the "air craft that got lost in china's horizon"might have been the greatest strategic move ever made by rumsfeld.Yao was able to stay another Year in CHina,otherwise Yao would be playing for the wizards.

10. brentdapmp

brentdapmp Member

11. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

The clones were really giving it to Lampley today. One of the letters said, "Lampley assulted his wife for using incorrect grammer."

Rome basically said if it's true then it's one of the most cowardly acts that a man can commit.

12. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

An act of violence by a man on a woman is one of the most cowardly acts a man can commit.

13. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Unless that b**** doesn't fold my laundry the right way. Sometimes women ask for it. Other than that, yeah, it's pretty cowardly. :eek: ;)

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

yeah but she probably had it coming to her.

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Unless it's Grace Jones.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xW_MLnJPkQY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xW_MLnJPkQY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

16. conquistador#11

or Tanya Harding......

17. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i'm not trying to defend lampley and i'm not saying the restraining order wasn't there for something that already happened, but did anything actually happen in this situation? what does "violating a restraining order and dissuading a witness" mean? if you get closer than whatever distance the order says will that do it or would he actually have to do something to her for him to get arrested?

18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Love Lampley - sorry to hear about this.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yes, as someone who has violated several restraining orders, I can tell you it is absolutely possible for this to happen by accident. In particular, once you have a dozen or so restraining orders, you have to be very careful (even lucky) not to violate one of the distance restrictions each time you go to the grocery store, or the local adult bookshop.

It's really ridiculous, and I fully sympathize with poor Mr. Lampley.

20. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jim "Cocaine" Lamley can now be called Jim "Restraining Order" Lampley.