1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Goran Dragic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Glenyo, Mar 20, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

Goran dragic is on fire averaging double doubles, I was just wondering what his stats being a starter?

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Dunno. But he has pushed his PER over 15 and that while averaging 22 mpg for the season. I'd love to know his PER for the month of March and I'd love to know what his PER equates to for the season if he were playing 36 mpg.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

PER is a per-minute stat.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

16,9,3 ... 51%, 82%, 40%

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

this are lowry's stats..... without the rebounding, better shooting

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Yes, but isn't it also based on usage?? And isn't Goran's usage much higher now than before? And I've read articles on Hollinger where he claims PER increases for players that are effective with increased minutes.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Those are BETTER than Lowry stats...

DD

8. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

Dragic is our Jeremy Lin.

9. dreamfellas21

dreamfellas21 Member

dragic needs to be here next year

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I picked him up in both of my leagues :cool:

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Lowry has had to do it all year, fighting fatique, etc. Goran hasn't had the same wear and tear on his body. Impressive, but straight up comparison not very fair.

12. DaDakota

Well it was sure fair last year when Aaron Brooks got hurt, why is it not fair now to compare Dragic vs Lowry?

Lowry outplayed AB, he deserved to win the starting job, and this year, Dragic is outplaying Lowry..............extrapolation commencing .......

DD

13. CXbby

CXbby Member

I still think Lowry has the bigger impact on winning, and better player overall, although Dragic is the much more natural scorer. Dragic however is a plus defender who also runs the offense decently, unlike Brooks. That said, I'd gladly trade Lowry + Martin over the summer for a centerpiece or potential centerpiece, and resign Dragic + Lee as our starting backcourt. At this point I don't think we can afford to have Dragic just walk, he has shown to be much too valuable. At the same time I don't think we can keep 2 starting PGs either. Might as well cash in Lowry while he is our best trade chip.

14. CXbby

CXbby Member

Last year it wasn't even close between Brooks and Lowry. Brooks was hurting the team out there, while Lowry was our best player.

This year, it is much more debatable between Lowry and Dragic's 9 games starting. Lowry is still our best player, while Dragic has played well with the team going sub .500 with him as a starter.

15. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Personally, only way I'd trade Lowry is if I have a deal with Dragic already worked out and agreed upon.

If we trade Lowry and Dragic walks (we lowball or some stupid bs like that), we would be in terrible shape. It is just risky with an unrestricted FA.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Lowry was outplaying AB by a much wider margin. Dragic has been hot and I think he can be a good starting point guard in the NBA, but I don't think this stretch has been enough that you can say he's better than Lowry.

Give it up. Anyway, Lowry won't be back for at least another week most likely, so you'll get to see a lot more of Dragic before the end of the season.

Now, in the offseason, it might make sense to trade Lowry for the right return if Dragic will sign on to be the new starter.

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

People have such a short term memory. Lowry is our best player. Dragic is going to make one hell of a starting pg somewhere. As unlikely as it is, if we could find a way to keep dragic that would be great but when choosing the two I would take lowry.

That being said...if we were to trade Lowry and keep Dragic I would still feel comfortable with our pg position.

18. CXbby

CXbby Member

The teams who desperately need help at PG are over the cap, while the teams with money to spend are all rebuilding and won't spend big money to build around Goran Dragic. I think we have a great shot at retaining him at a fair salary.

19. DaDakota

I disagree about Lowry being the best player, but I do agree with you about trading him while he is hot.

I think last year was the absolute peak of Kyle as a player, and this year, he has maintained that level - gotten better as a 3pt shooter and almost 1 assist more a game but far more turnovers.

Dragic to me plays better one on one D, can create for himself and others, and has more upside than Kyle.

There is no way Dragic signs to stay here as a backup, he is an unrestricted free agent, he will be looking to start, and rightfully so.....trade Kyle and Kmart or Scola on draft night, and go from there.

We may not agree about everything CX, but here we are lock stepped.

DD

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Dragic has more upside for sure, but Lowry has improved way more than just the additional assist and 3 point shot.