1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could our #1 pick & Raptors #1 get us Jamal Mashburn?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by emoreland, Mar 29, 2002.

1. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

A friend of mine got me to thinking about it because he is from Charlotte. He mentioned about how the Hornets organization is thrilled that mashburn is playing so well, but that they feel he doesn't fit into their system. My friend and I agreed that the Hornets would be foolish to trade him. He thought that Charlotte would really be interested in Houstons pick because they are really interested in D. Wagner from Memphis.

My question is...would you be happy if the Rocks were to trade for someone as talented as Mashburn? I would be absolutely thrilled with having Mash as our starting 3. The only problem I see is the fact that he needs the ball to be effective; since he is an offensive-minded player...a la C. Mobley.

Please don't read anything into this thread. I'm not saying that this is even a possibility or even a rumor. All I'm saying is this, were the Hornets to propose such a scenario to Houston, would you jump on this deal?

2. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

I like Mashburn, but he sure has had some nagging injury problems recently.

We already have our share of injuries, and I don't think I could bear having another really talented player, that could really help the team, out for a long duration.

That could push me to cardiac arrest. :(

3. outlaw

outlaw Member

Mashburn is too old for us.

Why does Charlotte want Wagner? They are already too short in the backcourt with Davis and Wesley.

4. emoreland

emoreland Contributing Member

Position: F
    Born: 11/29/72
    Height: 6-8 / 2,03
    Weight: 247 lbs. / 112,0 kg.
    College: Kentucky '94

29 is OLD? Since when? He's just now starting to hit his prime.