1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Braggs is just what the Dr. ordered

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 9, 2003.

Tags:
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

They guy flat out hustles on defense, and is a good passer.

He had 10 rebounds...10.....that is exactly what the team needs at the PF spot.

Between him and Padgett, I think the team may be better off without EG and MoT.

DD

2. SLA

SLA Member

He is a good role player. We have acquired many good role players that can play defense and offense and make open shots...they just play basketball right. Now...the bad thing is they played against soft guys like Drew Gooden and Juwan Howard and Steven Hunter. Braggs and Padgett will be unable to play against Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan or Dirk Nowitzki..Mavericks...I hope we can beat them..

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Besides themselves, who can play against KG, TD, and/or Dirk?

PS Whodyaratherhave -- Braggs or Oak? I thought so. Me, too. TBTBTBTBTB!!!

4. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

How about S. Padgett
    I wasnt too familiar with his game. I didnt know he could shoot a 3 pointer :cool:
    Hope he can sink some of those every game.

5. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Watching Braggs over the past few games, I love the guy's hustle and he certainly is a physically capable guy, but, DAMN, is he ever in the wrong spot on the floor a lot. He is out of position so often, particularly on offense, it's unreal.

I actually caught one moment tonight when he was out of position on four straight offensive posessions and was quickly substituted.

If he could figure out the offense, I'm sure he'd be fine, but it sure is taking him a while.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Padgett is known for being a shooter...he is ust one of those guys that didnt get alot of time to show it.

Braggs is a great find..I like him, he is tough and gritty...tons of hustle...decent defense..Like Jeff said...he should be a fine once he gets the system down...more PT should fix that.

Im still scared of how thin we are at the 4 tho..
    A bad fouling night in our frontcourt could doom us for the night.

7. danielk

danielk Member

Not to forget this about Braggs he had 5 offensive rebounds!! That's amazing..great effort !

8. Nero

Nero Member

plus, the guys is built like a brick linebacker ;)

9. Sane

Sane Member

Braggs, Cato and Yao had 32 rebounds. If I'm not mistaken that's more than Orlando got as a team.

10. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Role players they are -- Scott Padgett and Torraye Braggs.

And who would have thought they would be filling in for two players in the Rockets roster with hyped profiles and big expectations?

Maybe Eddie Griffin and Maurice Taylor are better players. But their recent showing of how reliable they can be to the team makes one think twice.

It reinforces the hope placed on Malick Badiane. I hope he continues to improve his basketball skills in Germany. Whats happening to Griffin and Taylor might just mean a sure job for Mr. Malick Badiane with the Rockets.

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

This guy bangs likes O.T.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

In the preseason TB claimed it was nervousness. I am wondering if he is just not (ever going to be a) basketball smart (player).

Imagine his body and 'bounding with Padgett's shot and court smarts. Why, 'he'd' be as good as EG is supposed to be!

13. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

People wanted Tyrone Hill, I know I did, but Braggs is basically a clone of him, I'm definitely pleased!

14. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

watched the game with a friend. he doesnt watch basketball, but his first comment was 'the rockets' white guys are good'. lol

15. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

It is a credit to the staff that they can get these guys to come in an contribute. It is however clearly a band aid situation. Since JVG to date has proven that he can find a way to make all his players effective, except Ame, I am looking forward to the return of both MoT and EG. It is always better when you are dealing with talent and skill. These guys back in the fold and comfortable will put this team in a very lofty position. I am hoping that happens by the Christmas day game.

16. Sane

Sane Member

Enough about your love life Roc Paint. ;)

17. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

i'm watching the rockets vs knicks game 7 right now.. and you know who braggs reminds me of? Carl Herrera. they're both aggressive while getting the rebound

18. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Intersting Information he
    Ranks #1 in the NBA in Offensive Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(9.4) Ranks #7 in the NBA in Defensive Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(11.5)
    Ranks #3 in the NBA in Rebounds Per 48 Minutes(20.9)