1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Case Keenum to be on Jim Rome at 11:30am.

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Dec 1, 2009.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

2. c2rsx

c2rsx New Member

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Keenum was humble the entire interview.

Rome asked him how it feels to bring a Renaissance of Football back to U of H.

Keenum was thankful for the chance to play here.

said that he was offered a scholarship at Baylor but other Big 12 schools said he was "too short".

Rome talked about the the big wins against OK state and Tech.

Keenum was even more humble and said, "thank the Lord" after every sentence.

Rome asked him about chances at the Heisman and maybe the NFL.

Keenum said it's a childhood dream and "thank the Lord" a few more times.

good interview.

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Maybe it's just me, but I get tired of hearing atheltes thank God in every one of their interviews. It just doesn't seem like the right forum to bring religion into. God wanted the Cougars to beat Oklahoma State? Really???

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

6-2 (6-1 coming out of HS) is too short? Colt McCoy is 6-2 as well. I remember people saying Drew Brees was too short at 6-0 (maybe that's why he went to Purdue) and he's done OK.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Brees has freakish accuracy though, he struggled at times early in his career but adjusted well to the speed of the game.

The shorter QB needs to be able to move around a but in the pocket, whereas a bigger QB can survey the entire field better.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Case is 6 feet, tops.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Damn it. Wish he would have chosen Baylor.

But I guess we wouldn't have gotten Griffin but I always prefer a precise pocket passer over a running QB.

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Considering Briles recruited both of them I'm not sure you wouldn't have gotten Griffin, too.

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

That would've been lovely after what happened to Griffin this season. At least, he got the 1 yr of eligibility back.

11. msn

msn Member

Waaaa.

This is such a stupid argument. Do you really think he's that stupid? "Gee, thanks God for ignoring everybody in Oklahoma and answering my prayers to win a game that in the grand scheme of things is entirely meaningless."

He's thanking God for the ability he has to throw a ball and the opportunity that was afforded to him to play in the NCAA.

It's called freedom of speech. It's under attack in our nation, but it's still out there. Long live the First Amendment.

12. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Word...I'm happy for Case and hope he gets some national pub this year so next year it'll be easier for his name to be in the conversation...

13. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I'm thinking he's thankful for the situation he is in at this point of his life, not a mere game result.