1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden: "Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players..."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jul 23, 2014.

1. okeezie

okeezie Member

So Harden is an ass for calling himself a cornerstone but it's ok for you to make fun of mentally r****ded kids? Stay classy my friend.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Flopping became basketball, well part of it.

3. langal

langal Contributing Member

Just don't think comparisons of some random poster's cubicle job are comparable to being on an NBA roster. No it ain't feel-good little league or anything but definitely not the same as working in the mailroom.

4. Rajjettheking

Rajjettheking Member

That's a good point.

5. hlcc

hlcc Member

Fan view the Mavs and Cuban as rivals, I seriously doubt the players themselves have any animosity toward Dallas.

6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

You probably didn't play sports in your life.

I played my whole life throughout school. We had rival teams, even though sometimes they had friends on their team, when you're on the court or in game mode. You hate that team and its your mission to destroy them.

7. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

it's a fact, people mad over this probably have the 'everyone gets trophy' mentality. if you don't want to be called a role player, then start playing like a star

reminds me of when Asik cried when we got dwight, how bout instead of whining you try to prove you're a better player than Dwight and deserve the starting spot

8. langal

langal Contributing Member

While that may be true, it never helped out any teams I was on when some guys (obviously the best) would form a clique of their own. If Howard and Harden start running some exclusive 2-man game and ignoring open shooters, being arrogant a-holes in the locker room to the other guys, etc., then we would have a problem. While they are flawed players, I haven't seen any evidence of this though.

The whole "star" or "role" player thing is too black-and-white regardless. What was Parson's "role" on the team last year?

- play maker
    - 3 point shooting
    - guarding Damian Lillard
    - guarding opposing PF in spurts
    - most minutes played (?!)
    - etc., etc.

Seems like too many "roles" to fit as just a "role-player" while he is also definitely not a "star". How about just a good player?

9. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Boy has Harden vindicated himself after all the backlash this offseason. He's absolutely right. He and Dwight are the cornerstones and everyone should know and play to their roles like Ariza who has fit in like a glove in his role. Right now, Harden is playing like an MVP and leading the team in all aspects. I love this attitude. Great players make everyone else around them better and we are witnessing that right in front of our eyes.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Do not worry about Josh Smith leaving. He is just a role player.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Was true last year with Parsons.
    Will be true this year with Smith

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hope not a cornerstone of playoff mediocrity, James....Enjoy Khloe while you are at it

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Josh is more talented than all our other role players. You are in denial, if you think his absence won't hurt the team.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Was only "true" because Ariza filled that void.

Who's going to be the next Josh Smith, for us?

15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Yeah, we might possibly make more free throws. Yes mr smith is talented but way to inconsistent.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Exactly. The rest are role players. We're close.

17. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Dmo.. better post game and better 3 point shooter, solid defense. Smith filed in nicely but we aren't losing much with dmo healthy. Harrell will bring the defense, Jones will be gone.

18. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

why are you talking to me? you're just a role player

19. seeingred

seeingred Member

kick rocks !

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I, for one, embrace our new Capela overlord