1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Marlins @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Time to spend some cash on bats this offseason. Enough is enough. Entire lineup is dog s*** minus fowler, Altuve and Springer.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Altuve's special year continues.

Definitely looks gone.

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Altuve :)
    McHugh :(

4. juicystream

That strikeout looked a lot more like the Carter we all know.

5. juicystream

Poor Marwin. His running has gone from sad to pitiful, and he's had to run a lot the last 2 games, but nobody drives him in.

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Great to see Fowler and Springer back in the lineup. Oh wait.

What happened to Dexter returning shortly after the All-Star break?

7. mick fry

mick fry Member

The agony continues, but hey lets not do anything about it.

8. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Looks our 200 reply posts of June are a thing of the past for now.

With Springer out, it is really hard to gauge the offense of this team. I was only able to watch a couple innings yesterday, but did McHugh look better after being hit around in the first and second? It was concerning to see his curveball be hit as much as it was (or hit at all with good contact). Not having that pitch be as effective as it has been could be a huge issue for him.

9. juicystream

He pitched well when I was watching, outside of that fastball to Jones (I wasn't watching when the 2nd HR happened).

Jake Buchanan really surprised me yesterday. 3 swinging strikeouts. :eek:

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

hard to watch now since my go to website is now kaputz. I dont know what it is about this franchise but we cant ever seem to win inter-league games. Whether we were in the NL, we would get crushed by AL teams and now that we are in the AL, we get beat by the NL.

Granted, we are just not that good right now and overall for that matter. It just doesn't make that much sense :confused:

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

At this point, Castro is not only in full regression but there have to be questions about what sort of player will he be in the future (i.e. - was last year the best season he will ever have).

Its currently painful to watch him right now bat near the top of the lineup (which on this lineup is unfortunately where he has to go). Looks more like a guess hitter at times.

I strongly believe he is the key component for turning this offense from god-awful to mediocre (presuming you also have a healthy fowler, springer, and you acknowledge that Chris Carter is simply just having a "good month" and you don't have to bat him 3rd).

Right now, without Springer/Fowler, and with a bad Castro, its the worst its been over the last 2-3 years (and that's with an all-world Altuve).

12. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

Castro has been a huge concern. His past 20 starts have produced a .250/.286/.438 triple slash with 8 XB hits. I expected more of "that Castro" and the remainder of the season will be huge in determining what role he can play for us.

You're right, though. No Fowler/Springer and this offense isn't even worth judging.