1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"The problem with Daryl Morey...that he's been mythologized before he's done anything worth heraldin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sommermärchen, Jul 21, 2014.

1. AkeemTheDreem86

How it's done.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am kind of curious if the fans of other playoffs teams are like us Rockets fans, more excited in the offseason than in the season.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

This is actually one of the reasons I like the FO, because they are so active there's always lots of stuff to talk about. These guys earn their salary, that's for sure. Compare them to Chris Grant's FO, those guys decided they'd take Waiters based on a grainy highlight clip before the draft and sipped wine while the rest of league exploded on draft night after the Bobcats selected MKG.

4. kchin

kchin Member

He's so smug. I really think that he thinks no one is smarter than him. He can't help himself. He can't leave well enough alone. We had a young core of Harden, Howard, Parsons that could grow together and he blows it up always looking toward the future. The problem with always looking for the future is that you're never playing for now. This is why I love the Spurs, a model franchise. They realize its about nurturing a team and not about drastic changes.

1 person likes this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Solid thread bump.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=9134265

Seems like all of your posts are about how much you hate Morey. We get it. He is Satan reborn and you are here to spread the good word. I don't know if you need to keep this up.

7. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Or maybe he's just not as great as your proclaim him to be

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

kchin = GoRox2013's new born twin brother?

9. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

If you love the Spurs so much, why aren't you f***ing up their board?

10. kchin

kchin Member

Its fly by night Rocket fans like this why GM's like Morey aren't held accountable to a higher standard.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's posters like you that give me ideas of what to name my afternoon bowel movements .

Btw I need to go drop a kchin...BRB.

12. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

No. If he was he would have said how great the Lakers are in reboulding and nurturing:rolleyes:

13. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

It's fly by night (?) fans like you, that show immense ignorance, that allow for posters to be held to such low standards.

14. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I think you have something there, exactly what I imagine when hearing the name.

15. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Morey's untouchable here. If he does something slightly good nobody else will get credit but him. He he fails, it's everybody else's fault but his. There is no middle ground

16. kchin

kchin Member

Exactly, I didn't know this was a Daryl Morey fansite. I thought this was a Houston Rockets fansite and unfortunately Morey is a Rocket and many here act like he's off limits. Look the truth is, we hired a numbers guy to make basketball decisions and this silly notion that teams need 3 superstars because the numbers say so is absurd. Tell that to the numerous championship teams who only had two or less superstars. I'm sure he's a smart guy, but not when it comes to basketball decisions. Who breaks up a team that had a winning regular season? We lost to Portland because a) McHale never emphasized defense and b) every play call was isolation. We had a winning team. Oh how I long for the days when Carroll Dawson was the GM.

17. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

That's it! He's a numbers guy who only sees numbers. He doesn't fully comprehend team chemistry or the importance of coaching. He'll bring in a player on a cheap contract, if that player starts to produce, he'll quickly replace him w/ another guy with the same skills the following year. It's a revolving door in Houston.

I think Les may need to hire another "basketball" guy that'll help Morey when making decisions regarding player personel.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I am a big Morey supporter. I don't think their are many Current GMs who are better.

Morey made a terrible terrible decision in trading a 1st round pick for Twill. Although the draft is mostly a crap shoot at the spots he has picked he has made some questionable picks.

Landing Harden was part preparation and a lot of luck. Landing Howard was part preparation and mostly a continuation of the Harden luck in that the main reason Howard probably came here is Harden.

Your theory on how people view Morey is a big load of BS.

19. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Morey's not infallible. He almost traded away Scola and Dragic for P. Gasol (with CP3 going to Lakers).

One of the rare instances where Vince McMahon acted in the Rockets' interest.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We have some serious battles on this thread lol. Nobody is holding back any internet punches today.

Morey is a dynamic GM but he has to learn flipping the roster every year is hurting our team and its must needed chemistry. How do he expect McHale to be a successful coach in the playoff's. I understand we wanted Bosh, but we should have kept Parsons for cheap and gotten rid of Asik and Lin. We should have went after in a solid a true PG or backup and a quality serviceable PF/C. But hey we shall see how this season turn out.