1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

2012 Keeper Fantasy Baseball - Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by fadeaway, Mar 15, 2012.

1. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

The draft is now up and running. The initial timer is set at 8 hours per pick.

http://www.fantasybaseballsite.com/baseball/clutchcity/

Note: to enter the draft, first log into your team, and then select "enter draft" under the team menu at the top of the screen. Clicking the enter draft button on the grey left sidebar did not take me into it.

Please list your picks both here in this thread and on the league site. If you are going to be away for an extended period, please leave a short list of a few players with someone else who can pick on your behalf. Good luck everyone!

Also, keepers will now be finalized at this point, and the keeper numbers will roll over. The situation going into 2013 will be as follows:

chrisjent: Miguel Cabrera-4, Alex Rodriguez-4, Nelson Cruz-2, Dan Haren-2, Madison Bumgarner-1, Brandon Phillips-1, Aramis Ramirez-1
    FLASH21: Albert Pujols-4, Roy Halladay-4, CJ Wilson-1, Jon Papelbon-1, Jhonny Peralta-1, Alex Avila-1, Michael Young-1
    PhiSlammaJamma: Clayton Kershaw-4, Tim Lincecum-4, Daniel Hudson-2, Chase Utley-2, Stephen Strasburg-1, David Price-1, Hunter Pence-1
    fadeaway: Troy Tulowitzki-4, Joey Votto-2, Josh Hamilton-2, Andrew McCutcheon-1, Prince Fielder-1, Matt Kemp-1, Yovani Gallardo-1
    Rook: Evan Longoria-4, Hanley Ramirez-4, Justin Upton-4, Ryan Braun-1, Giancario Stanton-1, Zack Greinke-1, Brett Lawrie-1
    SmeggySmeg: Dustin Pedroia-4, Cliff Lee-4, Cole Hamels-4, Carlos Gonzalez-2, Justin Verlander-2, John Axford-1, Carlos Santana-1
    SamCassell: Jon Lester-4, Adrian Gonzalez-2, Robinson Cano-2, Jacoby Ellsbury-1, Curtis Granderson-1, Jared Weaver-1, Ricky Romero-1
    CometsWin: CC Sabathia-4, Ian Kinsler-4, Jose Reyes-4, Mark Teixiera-2, Felix Hernandez-1, Elvis Andrus-1, Jose Bautista-1

I decided to keep Hamilton and hope for the best with his recent heel injury. Always an injury risk with that guy...

#1 fadeaway, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Sorry it took me so long, busiest day at a new job kills a draft day.

James Sheilds - SP

3. fadeaway

jent took Matt Cain (SP) at #2.

4. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member

C. Kimbrel, welcome back to the team!!!!!!!!!!

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Argh, wanted Kimbrel. I took Josh Johnson.

6. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

Too much value, and too much scarcity at the position, for me not to go for Beltre. Let's hope he stays healthy.

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Surely it's not too early to start heckling slow drafters, personally I had jent then Rook with the first draft timer expiry

#7 SmeggySmeg, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  8. Rocketball

Why me as I am usually right here all the time as I have no life!!!! I made my pick within 10 minutes..............I will be watching you now............

9. Rocketball

Plus, give PSJ some time as he really needs to make this pick carefully as he is really shorthanded in the pitching area............so can't make a mistake and needs to hit a homerun with this pitcher selection........

10. SmeggySmeg

Too easy, it's like shooting fish in a barrel

11. SmeggySmeg

Commish is up

12. fadeaway

Our first time elapse...

Ryan Zimmerman - 3B

13. Rocketball

Your boy was still there and you didn't take him...........where is the loyalty..........

14. fadeaway

I always need to have an Expo on my team. :)

15. SmeggySmeg

Kennedy and Storen

16. fadeaway

Eric Hosmer - 1B.

Okay, no more first basemen for me anytime soon.

17. Rocketball

Sorry Eric, I know you wanted to be part of the Rook family again this season, I feel like I let you down...now your stuck on a team managed by a man who thinks the Expos are still a team.

I want you to know I was trying to keep the team in tact for this year, but obviously their are jealous GM's out there.....keep your head up, will get you back on the Rook Family some day soon....

To the rest of you GM's taking family members from the Rook family will cost you as the season progresses....

(Just realized someone took Shields as well, you guys are ruthless, so much for friendships. This is now personel!)

18. SmeggySmeg

Btw happy to accept lists for those worrying about expiring timers while sleeping

Also fade and rook I have a packed day tomorrow so drop an email when my pick is coming up

19. SmeggySmeg

starting to feel bad for PSJ

20. fadeaway

I sent him a couple of e-mails. Hopefully he shows up soon.