1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Props for Texas State Football....

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Hakeem06, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

I know a whole hell of alot of peole on here probably don't care about Texas State Univesity football, but you know what. I go to school there so I'm going to show some love to the Southland Conference Champions who in overtime beat rival Sam Houston State 26-23, to take a share of the SLC Championship and all but assure them a spot in the Div. 1-AA Playoffs, which is going to be announced tomorrow. The Cats went 9-2, won their first SLC Championship and recorded 8 or more wins for the first time in 22 years. Way to go Cats, see you in the playoffs!!!!!!

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Did you go to the game today? Sounds like there have been some amazing crowds. If they get a game in San Marcos, I'm there.

3. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

i had to pick my wife up from work, so i missed the second half and overtime. that sucked, but if we get a home game in the playoffs i'll be there, like i've been there all year. the crowds have been excellent this year. tonight's game was a sellout, and they've been big all year. plus, barrick nealy himself is worth addmission. excellent passing and running threat. you will see him drafted in the upcoming draft. ranked as the number 5 senior quarterback in the country (both D1 and D1AA) by ESPN. great talent.

4. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

My woman got to go to the game today, she said it was a great game and everyone got to run on the field after the win..

5. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

enjoy it while you can...THE university of central arkansas is joining the Southland next year and will usher in a new era of dominance...

go bears

:D

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

why does this **** have to happen the semester after i graduate?!?!?

7. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Dont feel bad.. all durring our undergrad NOTHING good came of watching A&M football

8. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I heard Barrick Nealy will convert to Wide Reciever for the NFL.

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

No way they win in the playoffs turning it over 5 times!!!

I was an SHSU fan in the middle of a pack of Bobcat fans, including a few friends that were Bobcat fans. Hell of a game...I'm proud of the Bearkats for putting up such a fight with nothing to play for...they'll be back next year.

Congrats to Texas State...the playoffs are lot of fun, from what SHSU went through last year. I would've loved to have seen the silence in that stadium had Sam pulled off the upset though, I can't lie. ;)

10. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yeah, thankgod I also follow TCU football.

11. Fatty FatBastard

I liked them better when Bakula was QB and Ireland was the kicker.

12. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

the five turnovers was completely abnormal for us. we had only had 13 turnovers all year and led the conference in turnover margin by plus 10. if we hadn't had turned the ball over that many times the game wouldn't have needed to go to OT. cats would have won by at least two touchdowns.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Dear Texas State,

[​IMG]

You're welcome.

Love,

University of Houston

14. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

^^^
    and we thank you. :D

15. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

Texas State picked up the #4 seed, giving them at least one and possibly two games at home in the playoffs.... :)

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Congrats to Southwest Texas State from a Bearkat fan.

I guess you guys have adopted our strategy of bringing in a transfer QB from a big school and turning him into a star. We've been having great success doing that for the last few years until we decided to bring in Steroid Boy from OU.

Good luck in the playoffs, represent the Southland Conference well. Last years run was a lot of fun for us and it will be for you too if you can win a few games.

Oh yeah, we'll be back next year.

17. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

What a way to get in the playoffs. Only bad thing is we are playing Georgia Southern University. The team with most wins in I-AA football playoffs (38) and the most I-AA national championships (6). I still like our chances. We are undefeated at home and the game is going to be televised. A great way to show the nation what Texas State football is all about, and a good way to get the Texas State program on the map. It would be pretty awesome if Texas and Texas State win their national championships respectively.

18. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

Link?

19. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Amen...tough season, but we did lose the best QB in 1-AA, 5 very good receivers, and of course "steroid boy". Add to that a new coaching staff too.

By any chance did you record that SHSU/Eastern Washington playoff game last year? Lol...I'm dying to see that game again...

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

How long before Texas State becomes a D1 football school? I know the move up is in their plans.