1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Joakim Noah???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, May 25, 2016.

1. Harden's beard

This. Houston already has way too many of these types, enough with injury-prone, worn out, 30 + years old role players. We need more athletic, young blood on this team.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Tyson Chandler was once considered damaged goods, was discarded and ending up anchoring an NBA Championship team the very next year.

Noah has that capability when healthy.

That said, I understand there are serious concerns with his knees. Obviously, any contract we offer would reflect that. For the right price, he's definitely worth it.

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes I'll take Noah in a heartbeat. He'd probably come at a reasonable price too. I'm just worried the Spurs are going to shoot for him as well.

5. Asian Sensation

He is not that old. I'd love to get him and whoever gets him will likely get him at a reasonable price. The thing is he's gonna choose a contender and as of right now we are nowhere close.

It would be nice if we could get Horford and Noah to go along with Capella/Dmo/Beasley for the front court. Hell It would even make be feel better about being stuck with Brewer if we can get both of them. It ain't like we're gonna be able to trade Brew so might as well try to reunite all 3.

If we could somehow pull a miracle and sign both Horford and Conley I think Noah would come here at a good price. If no Conley then maybe a trade for Teague or Bledsoe would be just as good. Then sign another instant offense back court player with handles like the ghost of JET, Bobby Jax, Jamaal Crawford type and we can go to battle.

6. dragonz

dragonz Member

So we can have the old Gator team without billy donavon? interesting.

7. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I'm uncertain Noah can still play because his injury does frighten me a bit. If he is good to go then I think he will always be a plus on the floor. He can be your secondary play maker or hopefully your third play maker.

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

If Dwight is out, yes, I would love Noah. He doesn't seem like the type to back down and maybe would push Harden to his full potential.

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Noah is one of the worst rotation players in the NBA on offense these days...

10. Normalus

Normalus Member

Yes. Please!

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Noah would be a nice addition. Especially if the Rockets are looking for a "culture change." Has good leadership qualities and he is fiery, like Beverley. The Rockets need that. Defensively he is solid, and even though he doesn't bring much offensively, at least he has high BB IQ and is a good passer and will move the ball. Depending on price and health the Rockets should look hard at him.

12. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I adored Noah's game in his prime, but I think he's done for. Unless he's coming to play bench minutes at a sub-MLE contract, no thanks.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wizards Preparing Max Offer To Joakim Noah: <a href="https://t.co/hbXz81Hj9Y">https://t.co/hbXz81Hj9Y</a> <a href="https://t.co/X9V5GMncQx">pic.twitter.com/X9V5GMncQx</a></p>&mdash; RealGM (@RealGM) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/746399151194202112">June 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nba-free-agency-washington-wizards-joakim-noah-chicago-bulls-knicks-derrick-rose-bucks-timberwolves/1g5h2xcr8ello1ct5ne29gn4m5

14. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Defensively, he's regressed a lot. Offensively, he's a pretty good passer, but the problem is that he might think he's Divac. I remember the scene clearly, that he tried to dribble past Curry at his own half, and then gave up the ball and a layup.

15. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Go for Nene. Whatever team gives him the max will regret and if Washington will not help them anymore that was Gortat has done for them.

16. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Don't want nene..

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Yeh, good luck with that... at that price tag - no interest whatsoever...

18. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

They've lost their minds.