1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Harden, Howard show signs of real chemistry in dominating Spurs (w/ Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Thanks a lot!

3. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

i love this team

Rockets> Texans

4. dje243

dje243 Member

One thing I noticed: On the nice Harden and-1... Dwight is on one side of the basket and Omer is on the other.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Dwight and Omer looked good defensively in this game. It's not going to work this well against many teams, but I think this is actually a viable option.

6. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Harden was a monster in that third quarter

7. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

That crossover + stepback on Belinelli makes my heart smile.

8. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I think it's time for everyone who was against signing Howard to eat Crow, Asik wouldn't have made half those plays

9. rocketsmetalspd

No, Asik wouldn't of made some of those plays but it is sure nice having two bigs that can rebound in traffic and defend the paint. Asik just needs to get into game shape and realize this is his best chance to get to the Finals.

1 person likes this.
  10. awc713

awc713 Member

anyone else notice asik looking displeased throughout the game? he seems to lack the hustle that made him so productive last year. in a lot of sets on offense, he seemsed to just be standing in the corner...

or am i just making a mountain out of a mole hill

1 person likes this.
  11. IBTL

IBTL Member

but where are we going to find offense with howard and asik in the game at the same time??
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I think it might work against some of the best teams in the league (Spurs, Clippers, Grizzlies) but I agree that on a regular basis, Asik has to come off the bench.

13. rawool

rawool Member

Where can we donate to help Clutch upgrade to a HD capture card? :)

Thanks for uploading.

14. vator

vator Contributing Member

The fact that they were able to do this with Asik on the floor is what really impresses me the most. They stifled the Spurs defensively and were unstoppable offensively during that run and got lots of quality shots in the paint. Spacing wasn't an issue at all. I'm pumped!

1 person likes this.
  15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Howard and Asik will be really important in the regular season when you really need to spell those guys on back to backs. In fact I think that once the season starts, the question won't be "how can we get Howard and Asik to play together" but rather "how can we ensure one of them is on the court at all times?" I might as well guarantee you that if you add up Howard's season minutes + Asik's season minutes, it will be less than 48x82 minutes. Injuries and rest and Popovichian benchings we'll all need a healthy dose of this year.

1 person likes this.
  16. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Anyone have vid clip of when Howard passed to Asik underneath the basket and Omer got fouled by Duncan doing a reverse layup?

17. dje243

dje243 Member

LOL... Asik will start to get his points once he gets back fully into playing shape. There will be plenty of easy dunks for him at the rim. But for now, I like how they just have him get out of the way and collapse to the rim when a shot goes up.

18. justinh

justinh Member

absolutely LOVE IT

19. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I'm just going to keep saying what I've been saying: keep Asik! It's going to be a great season.

20. treeman

treeman Member

Looked like Asik was arguing with Dwight on the court. I hope I misread that, but if not then either Asik needs to get with the plan or we will have problems. Aside from that it looks like they could actually make Dwight/Asik work.

But damn, this is encouraging. THIS is why we got Dwight.He and Harden will feed off of each other. And they open so many opportunities for others. Is there *any* chance that Casspi has this sort of preseason showing without their presence? No way.

Clutch is right - other GMs and coaches have to be getting nervous watching an exhibition like this.